OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 14, 2018 3:32 pm  #1

When Did Marriage Become So Hard?

This is an amazing NPR podcast, a little long (51m) but absolutely fascinating... looking at how marriage has evolved from a business transaction towards a mutual fulfillment device. I found it eye-opening and it might be helpful to anyone trying to keep any marriage alive. But I think it might possibly be even more applicable to our MOM situations, as we struggle with authenticity, and finding ways to identify and implement our needs and wants. 

Hidden Brain podcast, You 2.0: When Did Marriage Become So Hard?

If you do listen to it all the way through, I'd love to hear how you feel it may or may not apply to your situation. I'm especially curious about the technique of changing one's point of view as a method of reframing and refocusing a tough situation... I'm planning on using this myself.

If you're curious, the podcast is mostly an interview of Eli Finkel, who wrote The All-or-Nothing Marriage: How the Best Marriages Work.

Board footera