OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 24, 2018 10:45 pm  #21

Re: Devestated...just found out

Elisa wrote:

I took off my wedding ring, never removed before. It took soap, effort and physical & emotional pain it triggered a bit of a panic attack, 1st one ever....my finger has sort of grown around the ring. Now my finger is mis shaped and very sad looking. It is narrowed where the ring was.

I am so sorry. Your story represents the fear of us newbies to this. That no matter what we try to believe, we can never count on that dream. My DBH falling in love with a man and leaving me is my biggest fear. We both know if it wasnt such a taboo 40 years ago he would have lived as his true self, we would have never married. His bisexuality health will come above our marriage, I cant see it any other way after he has hidden it for so long. 

Lisa
Waves and Riptides

July 24, 2018 11:44 pm  #22

The butterfly part reminds me of a song by Canadian artist Rita MacNeil (sadly no longer with us). Let's see how well this Youtube link button works ...

“The future is unwritten.”
― Joe Strummer

July 24, 2018 11:47 pm  #23

Hey, that worked pretty good, at least in a Windows browser. The lyrics.....

You were never more strong girl
You were never more alone
Once there was two, now there's just you
Your flying on your own

You were never more happy girl
You were never oh so blue
Once heartaches begin, nobody wins
Your flying on your own

And when you know the wings you ride
Can keep you in the sky
There isn't anyone holding back you
First you stumble, then you fall
You reach out and you fly
There isn't anything that you can't do

You were never more wise girl
You were never more a fool
Once you break through, its all up to you
Your flying on your own

You were never more together
You were never more apart
Once pieces of you, were all that you knew
Your flying on your own

Can keep you in the sky

Can keep you in the sky

“The future is unwritten.”
― Joe Strummer

August 13, 2018 8:55 pm  #24

Well I haven't posted for a while now...so here is an update as I am lying in bed unable to sleep...
I have taken some steps forward emotionally. I have been busy, been out there, been telling people, been making my own plans, been seeking & accepting support, been talking...I feel stronger, more myself. I can hold my head up high. I can even joke about what has happened.
I feel good about myself. I know I have a happy future ahead, even if I don't know how it will look.
I will love & be loved again...and it will be real next time.
My problems now are mainly practical & financial, and, most importantly, are to see my children through all of this.
My husband moved out, he has since made a few visits to see the children. But they see him drifting away. He has become unreliable. He shuts down his feelings. They don't see the dad they had always known & loved. He is acting differently. He has become selfish & detached. He even lies to them. He complains to them that I am being unreasonable & demanding. Then he complains that none of us ask him how he is. It is like he has had a personality transplant!
Our house is falling apart around me with so many unfinished jobs...electrics, plumbing, leaking roof. I ask him for some help with this. He resents this & refuses to help. He blames other people for the lack of action. The thing is...he is a builder. He runs a company with 30 odd employees. And he can't even send somebody out. Most of my money is in that company too.
I packed some of his clothes in bags for him...he only took his favourite clothes with him when he moved out. I want the bedroom back as my own. He complains to our children about this.
He has junk filling up our house & garage. He was a bit of a horder. Now he refuses to help us clear this
out.
He has ignored friends attempts to see him. He has cut himself off. The only advice he gets comes from his new partner who also left his wife & kids.
He tells the kids he is happy & it is his time to be selfish.
Well I know he will not be happy...But I will!
He is pushing me into a corner and I fear that I shall have to take everything legal. He gives me no choice.
My children are now disallusioned with him and about to cut contact. A week ago I was urging them not to. now I can see their point of view & I won't fight for him to still a See them. They are young adults and they can see situation for what it is.
I am sad...but more than that I am just so bloody angry!
Being gay and coming out shouldn't ha e to involve a whole change of personality. I just don't recognise him any more.
There is crap to deal with but beyond that lies my future...a good one. I am surviving....I am growing.
I am free.

August 14, 2018 1:52 pm  #25

Elisa,

Good honest update.    It is sad to watch to them deteriorate with the kids.   Gives new meaning to being strong, reliable and consistent with kids..   I think that is all the kids really want ..to have the same mom or dad they knew.

Sadly I think legal divorce or separation is the only way to handle the limbo he left you in with the house and his possessions.  

steady on doing what is right for you and the kids..

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

Board footera