OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 31, 2018 10:01 am  #1

HONY features a MOM today!

I hope it is ok to post this here, as I am not in a MOM and not part of our MOM section. (I am in the process of divorcing my GIDH.)

I am a big fan of the Humans of New York (HONY for short) blog on Facebook, and today, Brandon Stanton, the photographer who runs it, featured an interview with a women in a mixed orientation marriage. (It's the interview posted with the picture of a woman's hands holding a pair of glasses.) HONY is known for having a very positive community of readers and commenters, and this post seems to have also attracted a lot of thoughtful responses. The range of reactions is wide--some people completely understand and others don't. (Others comment on tangential topics.) I haven't had time to read all the comments yet, but I might dive in later, and of course I am interested in what those in this forum have to say!

(Apologies to those not on Facebook who therefore cannot follow the link below)

https://www.facebook.com/humansofnewyork/?hc_ref=ARRIUp65Z3wZZnZuESb5WwRp29Mrr9Yiymr_dbA7x-tuj56K5cfkc-peqWbfdjqzVLY&fref=nf

July 31, 2018 1:47 pm  #2

Re: HONY features a MOM today!

Thanks for the link

KIA KAHA                       

July 31, 2018 3:57 pm  #3

I found this comment very beautiful and provocative. I like it:

"Is it clear that she can’t explore other sexual relationships? I don’t think that’s the case. She stays in a platonic marriage because they are soulmates, co-parents, and their shared history is irreplaceable. Should sex really matter so much?"

Last edited by cassetto (July 31, 2018 3:57 pm)

July 31, 2018 6:46 pm  #4

delete

Last edited by Lynne (February 3, 2019 1:21 pm)

July 31, 2018 8:20 pm  #5

Deleted.

Last edited by JenS (January 4, 2019 8:24 am)

Board footera