OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 20, 2018 7:34 pm  #11

Re: The First Step, What's next?

kathy, thanks for your kind words of encouragement. I have moved to a new community and have established new friends thru Book Club, and Newcomer groups, so I have some girlfriends. I have no interest in engaging with men. I saw my husband for dinner this evening, emotionally he is a wreck and drinking too much. He is afraid I will leave him for another man....no worries there.....I will get a dog and a vibrator before I get another man in my life. 

Distraction helps me, but I have those times, where it hits me, and I break down......it seems to set me back when I do see him, because I feel so sorry for his pain, and I want so badly to believe his lies. When I don't see him, I see things more clearly, I see reality, I see the truth.

Right now, I don't want to do anything, nothing, I have no plans to divorce, for now I am just separated, making no decisions.......being in this limbo is OK for now.......Maybe I will see a counselor later on, but for now, I just don't want to deal with any horsehair for now. I just want to be.

Kathy, I wish you the very best......I feel your pain, I am so sorry for your suffering.

Board footera