OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 28, 2018 2:53 pm  #1

Had a really good week!

Hi all,

Just wanted to say after 6-7 months I had a really good week.  A few hot sunny days, and on the road stocking lakes with fish (my job) and all seemed ok.  Becoming at peace with the reality of my life.  I have an older, yet attractive woman that is after me, but knows where I am at.  I guess it is nice to feel desired.  Biking, hiking, and hanging out with family has helped.  Now it is time for house #1 to sell to help with some closure.  I haven't seen the ex in months, but I realize it is time as there is no choice.  The kids are doing well.  Life is complicated, but I am trying to slow it down and appreciate the beauty of the Okanagan valley as it is considered the napa valley of the north.  Time helps heal and without a doubt I am a changed man.  Changed for the better.  She can't and hasn't destroyed me.  We will see what type of person she is as we divorce.   It is all coming down to $.  That is what she sees.  It is as simple as life is going on.  I was in a dark bad helpless place in 2017.  Glad to climb out of that pit.  Oh that sucked. 

April 28, 2018 3:37 pm  #2

Re: Had a really good week!

Wow! What a long way you’ve come. Gives me hope that there are good things to come. Nice to have someone desiring you too- ooh er

April 28, 2018 5:42 pm  #3

Gives me hope, too.

April 28, 2018 6:57 pm  #4

Hi Count,

I’m glad things have improved for you.  I felt it was like walking though a lot of trees and all of sudden you’re in a clearing and see a fantastic view. Knowing that someone wants to be with you is big boost. It’s a fantastic feeling and a relief to think, yes, I can handle this and coming out of this experience a better person.

April 29, 2018 8:24 am  #5

Hearing that you're doing well gives me hope too.  There's nothing like being out on the water to give you some mental health & serenity!  Wow, desired too?   I can only imagine what that must be like lol.  I think I remember it was like feeling young again.  But, oh yeah, it wasn't real.  My therapist said that I may have a fun summer ahead of me.  I hope it's true for both of us.  

WTF

April 29, 2018 8:42 am  #6

Glad to hear you're becoming at peace with the situation. As for finding out what kind of person she is, my experience indicates you're going to get to know a bizarre person you thought was someone else. 

April 29, 2018 10:45 am  #7

delete

Last edited by Lynne (February 3, 2019 1:39 pm)

April 29, 2018 12:26 pm  #8

good for you, Count.  Hope the good days keep piling up.  Hang tough on the dollars.

Board footera