OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 25, 2018 10:13 pm  #1

A bit pissed off

Well.  Not a bad talk with her on the phone tonight.  She is being a bit of a whatever, but I a little angry that she really hopes to prosper from this Summerland house.  The ONLY reason we have it is because my parents put down $165,000 in a loan.  That is the only reason.  And she says she wishes she told my a year ago.  Before we bought this place.  Our first house needs to sell first.  She says it may have to rent and then we share this house still.   We aren't here at the same time.  I am not doing this for a year or so.  Frustrating.  Comes down to money.   Not sure why I am being so nice to her.  Oh so fun.

April 25, 2018 11:33 pm  #2

Re: A bit pissed off

some way down the let's get a signed agreement of the financial separation 18 month long track I remember realising that some of the reason I was being nice was because I was hoping not to upset him.

Push back.  The only things I regret are the things I gave way on.

good luck with this, it is the worst bit of divorce, getting the finances agreed.  don't shift not even an inch from what your lawyer says you are entitled to.  she will be pushing your buttons to get what she wants.

wishing you all the best.  Lily

April 26, 2018 8:40 am  #3

Re: A bit pissed off

Sorry,   I wrote it in a rush.  We aren't in this house together.  The kids are here, but we come and go.   I am getting good advice.  It just makes me mad that she will prosper from my parents generosity.  Essentially she Doesn't want things just money.  Said she won't go for everything.  I am getting educated and going from there.   Yes.  I tried to make things work.  All will be ok.  Can't complain it will be 25C (close to 80F) here today.  Yikes!

Board footera