OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 9, 2018 3:58 pm  #11

Re: Dream for yourself - creating a vision

gonzo2000 wrote:

Hi phoenix:  As I read your dreams, I recognized that several were my dreams.
I too wanted to find an amazing man to spend the rest of my life with. I too wanted to know what a real marriage was like with a real straight man who really desired me. (I no longer believe that is possible at this stage of my life.)
My (now adult) children have graduated from post-secondary schools. And I am proud of them for having stayed on the "straight & narrow path" as law-abiding citizens.  Both are using their aptitude (God-given gifts) to earn a living.  While my daughter is making a profound impact on people's lives, my son is struggling to...
I have traveled to several European countries, and recognized Canada is my home (all be it on Native land).
I want to go on mission trips to share God's goodness & blessings.
I want to make a profound impact on people's lives.
I don't know much about the SSN. For now, I hope to heal enough to ...
I no longer expect to work for another 20 years and have a comfortable, secure retirement. I am now 60 years old and have resigned myself to having "fragile employment", until retirement or illness.
I visited The Holy Land in 1985, with the man I believed was my husband. I was inspired & since then, have known that I am never truly alone. Regardless of what other people do, Jesus is always with me." My boss is a Jewish carpenter." And in the end, I must answer to God.

Wow, you've already achieved so many of your dreams.  That's fantastic. 

What are your new dreams?
You mentioned mission trips and making profound impacts on people's lives.  You can start those today.  A missions trip doesn't have to be in another country or expensive.  You can make a difference in people's lives here on the SSN forum by continuing to encouraging everyone else and helping them move forward through their pain. 

What else do you want to do with your life?  What dreams do you have?

-Formerly "Lostdad" - I now embrace the username "phoenix" because my former life ended in flames, but my new life will be spectacular. 

April 13, 2018 11:34 am  #12

Hi Phoenix, thank you for replying so promptly. For almost 18 years, I have struggling, feeling very alone in this situation. Nobody in my "circle" has been in a MOM.  I realized I needed to expand/enlarge my "circle". As I read the posts by other members, I realize that there are others who have been in MOMs. This is not a club any of us wanted to join, but it helps to know there are others who have survived the storms. Until recently, I had no hope of ever being more than a survivor. But surviving is not enough.
  You mentioned "mission trips" and the next day, I received letters from the 2 families I have been supporting via Plan International.  I decided to be a Foster Parent via Plan Canada way back when I was 21 and have continued to support various families since. Wow, I just realized I have been doing that for 40 years!!  I have lost track of the many children & communities (I hope) have benefited.    Thank you again, for helping me focus on the good I have been doing.

April 13, 2018 3:42 pm  #13

Thanks for sharing. I love this thread,  I have to really give this some thought.......it is so different using the pronoun ,”l,” instead of , “we.”

April 17, 2018 9:32 pm  #14

gonzo2000 wrote:

I too wanted to find an amazing man to spend the rest of my life with. I too wanted to know what a real marriage was like with a real straight man who really desired me. (I no longer believe that is possible at this stage of my life.)

I'm not sure about you Gonzo, but I've seen stories of two old people in their 90's getting married in the retirement home.  If it can happen to them, it can happen to anyone.  If you want something, don't give up on it.  It doesn't mean that you have to hinge your happiness on it, or ignore other dreams until it comes true. But no, you cannot cross it off your list until you're in Heaven and your life is over.  I should not have been able to find my husband when I did, the way I did, while being who I was.  And yet it happened.  That's enough reason for me to believe anyone can do it.

Kel

You are not required to set yourself on fire to keep other people warm.

Board footera