OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 11, 2018 6:54 am  #11

Re: Lies and More Lies

The dog analogy is good... we clean up after them but they dont lie, cheat and hurt us..

I read into the shit analogy a bit different... I struggled during my divorce and dismantling of my marriage... where will I live, what we will do..   I actually  (don't laugh) struggled with where would she live (a SAHM), how will she earn a living  etc.  (her shit).     Talk about  stockholm syndrome or insane loyality..   But she did herself in.... in her cruel and mean treatment  at some point I decided  it was "not my problem to solve".     Perhaps if she had been kind ...but she could not be...
This, of course, enraged her  as she was still depending on me to fix/solve many of her problems.    (clean up her piles).

Some of her shit I had to clean up so I could continue down the sidewalk....but I stopped cleaning up many large piles  and she had to learn the word divorce meant I was not responsible for her piles 
anymore..  she was no longer entitled to my shoveling (which was as dependable as the sun rising). 

(This was her rejecting me, not me leaving her.)  

As we walk around the piles they made , pick up the ones you need to shovel for yourself to continue, but always remember these are piles they made..and they have forfeited their right for you to clean them all up.

Last edited by Rob (April 11, 2018 6:58 am)

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

April 11, 2018 1:31 pm  #12

Re: Lies and More Lies

But look how far you've come Rob. You are a very strong person and you have good reason to be very proud of yourself after what you've been through.

Life is like phases of the moon.... We really only see it when it's beautiful, full and in our face. 

Board footera