OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 5, 2018 9:25 am  #11

Re: No More Lies

Maybe, but I'm not sure how I would feel about watching him destroy himself and his body with hormones after he leaves. Also, he's told me that he doesn't like my opinion about MtT and he's not sure he'll want me around if he chooses that.

​But who knows what's going to happen next. He's packed up all his femme stuff and is dressing/living male right now. We've had a few very good discussions about therapy for his 'addiction' to women's clothes. He said he never thought about it that way, but it sure feels like it is. (I was floored by that realization he made)  

​NOW how to find a therapist who specializes in that kind of therapy. Most therapists in our area follow the 'they must transition or else' SOC. 

​Sorry I've been absent from the board a few days. I've been working fervently on my project and myself the last week or so and it feels GOOD!    Hope everyone here is doing well too. xoxo

April 5, 2018 11:28 am  #12

Nomorelies wrote:

​Sorry I've been absent from the board a few days. I've been working fervently on my project and myself the last week or so and it feels GOOD!    Hope everyone here is doing well too. xoxo

That's a great report!  I'm always excited when I hear people talking about putting themselves first and doing what is necessary to put themselves first.  The straight spouse is typically taken advantage of and forced to worry about other's first.  As noble as that is, when the world come crashing down around us we need to change gears and put ourselves first.   

Keep moving forward!   let us know what we can do to help. 

-Formerly "Lostdad" - I now embrace the username "phoenix" because my former life ended in flames, but my new life will be spectacular. 

April 5, 2018 2:56 pm  #13

Deleted

Last edited by Duped (August 26, 2019 2:46 pm)

April 5, 2018 5:39 pm  #14

He'll give it up for a while.  But he'll always feel the urge.  The urge is part of him.  Part of the way he's wired.  Perhaps therapy can help him redirect those urges; I've seen something from a de-transitioned MtT (now male again) in which he wrote he wished someone had told him to redirect his love for women to the women in his life and not to the woman he'd like to be, because to be in love with oneself is a pretty self contained and ultimately lonely circle.  I think it's a rare autogynephile that is able to redirect those urges, because most of them don't want to.  

April 6, 2018 1:55 am  #15

I’m pretty skeptical about anyone claiming to have re-directed their desires, I think it’s another form of denial. They still get excited by male bits and want to play a female role in bed. Way to complicated for me.

April 9, 2018 8:51 am  #16

15+ years of dating trannies and I can say they are pretty much all autogynephiles and they perform lady face.

RUN RUN RUN

Board footera