OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 26, 2018 2:47 pm  #1

Sick Kid

My son is a barter and is sick again.  He is 7.  Finally getting fluids into him and so on.  I just told his mom as she was away this weekend on a work retreat.  She says she is coming over as soon as she lands.   Well.  It is my week and I have the situation under control.  He hasn't even asked for her.   She is a great mom, but this is over stepping boundaries.  Nothing is written up legally, but I am doing fine, and my son I believe is recovering.  He is holding fluids down right now.  It is my week, and I will ask for her help when I need it.  We have been a part for a few months.

March 26, 2018 3:27 pm  #2

Re: Sick Kid

I encourage you to set boundaries.  If you are no longer living in the same home, then you have the right to set a boundary regarding when she is welcome to come over.  If you have agreed to a schedule of when you have the kids, you can enforce a boundary and tell her that is will not be taking the child with her. 

I think you are doing this.  But I want to re-enforce that you are doing the right thing and you have every right to do it. 

-Formerly "Lostdad" - I now embrace the username "phoenix" because my former life ended in flames, but my new life will be spectacular. 

Board footera