OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 20, 2017 2:28 pm  #1

Keeping Photos?

Does anyone keep photos of the ex?  Any family photos?  I am insisting that she takes all of the wedding gifts too.  About to erase all of the photos with her off my phone.  I am also getting rid of any printed photos.  It is awful to be tricked!!!!   Merry Christmas and happy birthday to her on the 25!  I hope she spends that night alone!!!

December 20, 2017 2:47 pm  #2

Re: Keeping Photos?

Last edited by Lynne (February 3, 2019 1:16 pm)

December 20, 2017 3:18 pm  #3

Do you guys have kids together?

I haven't thrown out anything with him in it because I feel it's part of my children's history.  I don't look at them either, though.  So the kids can figure out someday what they'd like to keep, and what they'd like to toss.

If I didn't have the kids, I probably wouldn't keep any of them.  No attachment to him anymore.

Kel

You are not required to set yourself on fire to keep other people warm.

December 20, 2017 3:56 pm  #4

2 kids with her.  Actually missing the Christmas concert now as the in laws are there and it is a school my mother in law was a principal at.  Not being introduced to more people as the son in law as things are over.  Smaller town so when and if the word gets out a lot will know.  Finding it hard to be Christmasy to say the least. Sucks!

Wish I told my parents already as I need the support.

December 20, 2017 7:45 pm  #5

yes, for heaven's sake, Count - tell your parents, it's not just their support you need - you need to get batting for you!

December 20, 2017 8:05 pm  #6

I  also say tell your parents. I expect that since you have children they will keep it under their hats for the holidays but they may want to return Christmas presents bought for her and if they give anything, make it a cheaper token present. The sound generous: could that be why she wants to have the secret kept? 

Try Gardening. It'll keep you grounded.

December 20, 2017 9:32 pm  #7

I  also say tell your parents. I expect that since you have children they will keep it under their hats for the holidays but they may want to return Christmas presents bought for her and if they give anything, make it a cheaper token present. The sound generous: could that be why she wants to have the secret kept? 

Try Gardening. It'll keep you grounded.

December 20, 2017 9:44 pm  #8

No.  Not why she wants to stay. We aren't ritzy, but by a fluke we own 2 log houses and are in a beauty right now. My parents have taken us on an alaskan cruise, and paid for  maui trip and so on.  She keeps saying you are going to inherit a million or 2!  Well.  That is great.  I don't want my parents to die!!!!  Yes. I should have said something.  So insane.

December 20, 2017 9:46 pm  #9

40 in feb.  Just moved and so on.  The woman she was with was a solid 1 out of 10.  I know I have no chance with her because I am a man!!!  So ridiculous.

December 21, 2017 12:00 am  #10

It is good you are getting divorced now.  She sounds like my ex - sizing you up for financial benefit.

what's stopping you from telling them, can you pinpoint it?  

I found I was very reluctant to tell the people I needed to too - it's a common feeling amongst us straight spouses, I think, in a subterranean sort of way, we've sort of been trained to keep their closet safe.

Board footera