OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 11, 2017 5:09 pm  #1

When should you confront the GID spouse? See message, please.

I've been "gathering" leads and evidence. Seems once I was willing to allow the clues to enter my mind, they would not stop bombarding me. I cannot believe I was in denial for 12 years. We separated a month ago. Could anyone please tell me if I should let him know I'm very much onto his secret? We are facing divorce court if he won't settle. Thanks, y'all. Remember to do great things for yourself during this journey. P.S. My thinking is he may "settle" out of court, if I don't publically expose his secret in court.

Last edited by Piper55 (April 11, 2017 5:10 pm)

April 11, 2017 6:37 pm  #2

Re: When should you confront the GID spouse? See message, please.

Yes Piper - a lot of us found that useful.  Just make sure you talk to enough people not to find yourself living in a world where he's not gay and you are the bitch that divorced him.  good luck

April 12, 2017 9:46 am  #3

Re: When should you confront the GID spouse? See message, please.

Piper -

Where do you live?  If it's in the U.S., and you're in a no-fault state, it won't matter if he's gay.  It won't do a bit of good in court.  Plus unless you have evidence that he's cheated, identifying him as gay won't be telling to anyone anyway.

You can try to let him know that you're onto him, but he will do one of several things:
1.  Deny it
2.  Admit to doing those things, but deny that it means he's gay
3.  Get angry that his secret has been revealed, and get mean

The least likely scenario is that he'll be scared and more likely to agree to be reasonable.

Kel

You are not required to set yourself on fire to keep other people warm.

Board footera