OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 29, 2016 12:32 pm  #1

ENCOURAGEMENT LADIES!

Hello,
Let me start by saying this can be for the guys too that are living with bi/gay wives.  Sorry I do not know all the terms for different preferences.  The way I see it, not important.  If you think your in a straight relationship and your spouse isn't, then the label is pointless.
I'm just starting to ask the question if my husband is.  I have not come out and asked for the simple fact I do not want to ask that of a straight man.  Most straight men will not tolerate that question, and in a straight relationship would add fuel to the fire if there already is problems.
Anyway, I have been reading posts, keeping my eyes and ears open.  I've learned the term "Gaslighting", thank you Vicky.  I knew something was wrong with all the craziness, but didn't have a name for it until I came here, had never heard of it.  I read up on Narcissist (which there are different levels) and watched a documentary on it.
I'm sorry I can ramble, so let's get to what I hope will be encouragement.

1. Take A Step Back (This Is Where Clarity Starts)
2. Take Care Of Yourself (This Is Where Encouragement & Fortitude Starts)
3. Take Control Of Your Life (Not Theirs)
4. Don't Beat Yourself Up For Loving Someone (It's One Of The Greatest Joy's In Life) Even the Ones That Are Suppose To Be Unlovable
5. Don't "Gaslight" Back In The Heated Arguments (I'm Guilty Of That)
The Old Playground Saying "Sticks And Stones May Break My Bones But Words Will Never Harm Me" Is A Lie!  Harmful, Hateful Words Get Down In The Soul Of A Person And Are Like A Rotting Cancer, First To The Receiver And Then The Giver.
6. Forgive Yourself & Apologize If You Did
7. Respect Yourself (Believe In Your Insticts) CAUTION: I Have Sibling Her Instincts Are All Over The Place.  My Point Is You Know Whether Your Instincts Have Served you Well In The Past. If They Haven't then just be Cautious Before Accusations.
8. Instead Of Accusations Turn Them Into Questions.
9. Then Keep Quiet (I Have 4 Grown Sons, I Always Told Them "If Your Always Running Your Mouth You Never Learn Anything") Not Always Easy In An Argument, Practice Makes Perfect.  You Will Be Amazed At What You Learn.
10. Take A Deep Breath, It's All Another Stepping Stone In Life.  Try And Look At All The Positives Not The Negatives.

Funny How Most Relationships Have  Strong Person & A Weaker One...
Guess What We Are The Strong Ones
Don't Forget That

Please Forgive Me If I Sound Like A Know It All....I Don't That's Why I Am Here.  I Wanted To Share What Has Served Me Well Over The Years Hoping It Will Help Hurting People.

Take The Baby Steps Ladies And Gentlemen you will soon be walking then running.
May God Bless All Of You, Love & Peace To All

December 19, 2016 8:26 am  #2

Re: ENCOURAGEMENT LADIES!

I have one you can add,

wait until you are having a calm time with your significant other and calmly ask some off the wall question you really want an answer to. You will be surprised that most of the time they will answer it before thinking.

for example: while out shopping with my gid husband, we stopped at one of his friends houses to drop something off. Ding...the light went on in my head...he came back and i said, "boy it must be tough for his wife for him to leave just as their daughter graduates." After lying to me for years about his "friend's" orientation he says, "well, she knew from the beginning, he was only supposed to be a sperm donor, what did she expect?" When he realized what it was he said, the look on his face was priceless. I just looked at him, smiled pleasantly and replied, "I thought you said he wasn't gay?"

Go not quietly into that great, good night......Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

December 19, 2016 8:46 pm  #3

Re: ENCOURAGEMENT LADIES!

JJ1966,
LOL Yep priceless. You go girl. They can't keep their crap straight.
Merry Christmas

Board footera