OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 22, 2024 9:42 am  #11

Re: Will it work in the longterm?

"..My wife had set boundaries with the woman she had affair with (blocked everywhere on social media, no communication.), and has promised that she will stay in the monogamous..."

But wasnt that the basic tenet of marriage?    What proofs can she provide that she will keep her promises this time?     We love them but they hurt us...   I used to think my strong fierce love could keep the marriage together....till  it couldnt..  it did not matter how much I loved her or what I did.   (apprarently the gay sex was so great that it trumped decades of friendship, kids etc.).   Somehow the years I was enjoying being married were simply years of resentment building up in her.         I realize I'm biased but I  worrry you'll be here years later watching the kids  and wondering if shes out shopping with a friend or having sex.   You should never have to wonder or suspect or snoop.   A healthy marriage is complete, absolute  trust in ones spouse and I just don't see how yours can have that now. 

Wishing you strength and self compassion..

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

January 22, 2024 10:21 am  #12

" Somehow the years I was enjoying being married were simply years of resentment building up in her."  

That's the thing, isn't it?  While we were acting in good faith they were engaged in resentment-fueled deception.  

January 22, 2024 11:22 am  #13

Thank you all for your advice. Another thing shocked me was that my wife broke up with the woman without any mercy (mostly because my wife thought the presence of that woman violate my wife's normal life). If she did this once, whether she will do the same thing to me one day.

January 22, 2024 11:47 am  #14

sssskknight wrote:

Thank you all for your advice. Another thing shocked me was that my wife broke up with the woman without any mercy (mostly because my wife thought the presence of that woman violate my wife's normal life). If she did this once, whether she will do the same thing to me one day.

This.   My GX had a history of "writing people off"...  her high school and college friends, family, the mailman...  This time it was my turn.    I was naive to think she couldn't do it to me..her life long friend and husband.

I would definitely pay attention to your wife's actions more so than any words.    The thing is, you shouldn't  have to to that..   That, I think, is the difference between us and them...we mean what we say and say what we mean.  If I say "I love you and want to be with only you forever"  I mean it and stand by it.   Its a scary thing to think their words and actions can change with the wind or tides (or what pretty person comes along).

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

January 22, 2024 12:28 pm  #15

After she regret coming out and wanted to be back home, she did a lot to nourish the marriage. I was wondering if she did these because her guilt or because she really love me?

Board footera