OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 6, 2023 11:36 pm  #61

Re: 2022 was a fucked-up year

That was the hardest news I've had to break to anyone.
But it's done

E

KIA KAHA                       

February 7, 2023 12:47 am  #62

congrats, Elle.  Just keep the deep breaths coming.  Hug from me.

February 7, 2023 8:04 am  #63

That took a lot of courage.  Please reach out when you need reassurance.  We've been there and done that. ❤️

No - It's not too late. It's not hopeless. Even there, there's something I can do. I just have to find the will. Ikiru (1952), film directed by Akira Kurosawa 

February 7, 2023 8:13 am  #64

You're amazing Elle. I hope you can breathe easier.

February 7, 2023 8:15 am  #65

Elle,

Head held high, face in the wind..       These spouses despite their physical presence left us long ago with there actions and words.     
Wishing you courage and peace.

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

February 7, 2023 11:34 am  #66

How are you holding up?

February 7, 2023 12:11 pm  #67

I hope that your children will be a source of love and support for you going forward.

Try Gardening. It'll keep you grounded.

February 7, 2023 12:19 pm  #68

You are strong and amazing.  I am thinking about you today.

February 7, 2023 12:42 pm  #69

Thank you all. I don't know where I'd be without this Forum

He looked at me when I said "I've been to a lawyer. I want to separate" and said "I thought this is a conversation you and I would have" as my son sat looking awkward. My son said "I know you've been having problems" then looked at me "and you've confided in me too" Which would have come as a shock to his father. 
It's not all 'out on the table' yet. I still have 2 of my children to tell, which I'll do today. 
I  feel numb. Like I've walked through a door and found myself in a place that's foreign to me. The one thing that I keep hearing in my head is "you can't go back now"

E

KIA KAHA                       

February 7, 2023 2:03 pm  #70

But it is not the door to a walled garden. Having opened it you can breathe deeply and see and feel the world around you. 

Try Gardening. It'll keep you grounded.

Board footera