OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 19, 2022 12:37 pm  #11

Re: My boyfriend wants sex with another partner

Substitute uncontrollable urges for other women. Would you stay?

My take is that he has a sex addiction.   It's best to stay away from the drama.  The most emotionally stable and strongest of their loved ones get swept away by an undertow in these situations.  Do you want to spend years dealing with PTSD like the rest of us?

Again, sorry this is happening. Thinking good thoughts for you. You deserve better. ((Hugs))

No - It's not too late. It's not hopeless. Even there, there's something I can do. I just have to find the will. Ikiru (1952), film directed by Akira Kurosawa 

February 19, 2022 1:23 pm  #12

Sex isn't supposed to be "endured" or "tolerated".  If he can't bend his sexual desires to match yours, what makes him believe you can bend yours to match his?  

I know it's all too easy for me to sit here and tell you this guy is NOT going to be worth it -- ever -- but you have all the information you need.  

February 19, 2022 8:20 pm  #13

Im glad he is seeking professional support.  This is the best and most adult way for him to manage any suicide ideation he might have. 

Should he mention feeling suicidal to you again, call 911 immediately (or the equivalent emergency services number where you live). That way he will quickly get the help he needs. You are not equipped to deal with that.

For the rest? Quite frankly he sounds like a rather creepy ageing fetishist fantasizing that he's the guy from 50 shades.

And you sound most unhappy.  Even disgusted. And angry at being coerced into a painful sex act ... that he is coercing you to do again - EVEN THOUGH IT PHYSICALLY HURT YOU. Um that is sexual assault.

And he is trying to isolate you and lock you into his secret. A nasty power game.

I hope you stop playing soon.

Last edited by Soaplife (February 19, 2022 9:18 pm)

February 20, 2022 12:59 pm  #14

I told him last night that I would not ever be using the motor bunny. I thought I was going to throw up, I was so anxious. But he took it in stride..... Thank goodness.

I agree there is a sex addiction going on in his world. And fetishes, for sure. I also know that you can't have a healthy relationship when there is addiction of ANY kind going on. I'm glad he will be going to counselling; he should have done it years ago, but some are slow to seek healing.

I AM talking to two close girlfriends about what is going on, even though he asked me to keep everything between us. I need support in this. Thank you, everyone, for the support.

I feel better today. I can stand strong in my boundaries. And I do love him, and I also love him enough to let him go if need be, with love. So that gives me strength, removes any fear.

I will see him through some counselling, while honouring myself. And I do have ptsd from work trauma, and one thing ptsd taught me is that my emotional, physical, spiritual, and mental health MUST come first in my life. I will protect my health, first and foremost.

This is all a blessing. He needs to be at peace with himself, and I hope counselling helps him get some clarity. And I'm at peace, now, with myself. I've worked hard to get there, and I know my boundaries and will honour them.

Thanks again for all the comments and advice. I'm grateful for the support. Best.

February 20, 2022 2:21 pm  #15

Please, think about it - you were so anxious you thought you were going to throw up because you had to tell him you would not do something painful demeaning and abusive again.  

I don't know what your friends are thinking, I don't know why you aren't talking to your family.

sorry but reading your posts is like having a ringside seat at the billabong - there's the girl bathing in the shallows, there's the crocodile's snout - why isn't she running away?

February 20, 2022 7:19 pm  #16

Nita Jalkanen wrote:

....My boyfriend has a room in his house dedicated to recreational sex.  A play room.  He also spent thousands and thousands of dollars on a motor bunny.... I've tried it; it was painful.  He keeps going on about me trying it again.....even though I've told him it hurts.  It is a thorn in his side.......

As soon as you realise you're a prop in this 'recreational room' and that you will only have value to your boyfriend (you're 55, he's 56....you're both too old for that label surely) as long as you're compliant to his sexual fantasies....you may find the will/strength/frustration to admit that this is something you don't want in your life and cut all contact with him. 
As for "seeing him through counselling"....really? That may just suck you back in to his mind-sex-games because that's what he's playing

Elle

KIA KAHA                       

February 20, 2022 7:41 pm  #17

Soaplife wrote:

...... Quite frankly he sounds like a rather creepy ageing fetishist fantasizing that he's the guy from 50 shades......

Oh...this is a spot-on description...lol

KIA KAHA                       

February 20, 2022 8:34 pm  #18

OMG Nita I looked up motor bunny on incognito. Good grief.  Not for amateurs. Its hardcore.  This man is way into weird. Especially if he was operating it, it hurt you, and he didn't care.

And you were so scared of telling him no to that freakazoid machine you almost threw up. Classic sign of an unhealthy power dynamic. Your boundaries are being trampled not respected. The appropriate boundary with this guy is NO CONTACT.

You are setting yourself up for more PTS if you stay with him.
His mental health was f*cked way before you came along and a few visits to a psychologist isn't going to fix that.   

Why make him your problem - haven't you got better things to do with your time than be scared and worried about a guy who wants you to have sex with a machine?

February 21, 2022 12:40 pm  #19

Nita, I am so sorry that he did that to you.

February 21, 2022 5:35 pm  #20

Thank you, everyone.  You have given me a lot to think about.  

Board footera