OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 16, 2021 12:24 pm  #1

Advertising on Forum

I've reported the spamming on the Forum that's been filling the board for the last couple of days

Who checks it? Who deletes it? Who's getting the messages I send about this?

#$&(!?@#$/!!!!

KIA KAHA                       

October 16, 2021 1:17 pm  #2

Re: Advertising on Forum

I reported a few also. I assume our board admins get notified - hopefully via email. Unfortunately, once someone like this comes along, they will flood the board, knowing that their time is limited before they get whacked. Some spammers purposely target weekends when admins might be less available.

It annoying, but fortunately so obvious, I doubt anyone here would visit their links.

“The future is unwritten.”
― Joe Strummer

October 18, 2021 1:43 pm  #3

Sorry. Touring Italy and missed checking up for a couple days. I typically remove around 5 potential spammers a day before they have a chance to post. I'll be back home in a couple days (assuming I test negative for Covid) and will have the chance to check more regularly. Well, I guess if I test positive and am quarantined, I'll have plenty of time as well.

October 18, 2021 2:10 pm  #4

Sam (Admin) wrote:

Sorry. Touring Italy .......

Oh you lucky thing! 

Elle

KIA KAHA                       

October 18, 2021 4:42 pm  #5

Safe travels. It was annoying spam but easily spotted and avoided.
P.S. - In this case, I'm all for negative tests!

“The future is unwritten.”
― Joe Strummer

October 19, 2021 10:52 am  #6

I have a piece of paper that says "Risulto del test Covid-19 - Negativo"  so yes, one instance where negative is good.

October 19, 2021 1:13 pm  #7

Sam (Admin) wrote:

I have a piece of paper that says "Risulto del test Covid-19 - Negativo"  so yes, one instance where negative is good.

Wonderful Sam So they'll let you back into the country then!

One of our islands (the one I live in) is Covid-free while the other has many cases and ​NZ is still closed to everybody except returning Kiwis so our tourism business hasn't geared up for visitors/Covid passports yet. 

Elle

KIA KAHA                       

October 19, 2021 1:40 pm  #8

Elle, your country is on my bucket list, so I hope it opens someday.

Board footera