OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 17, 2021 1:37 am  #151

Re: Probably sounds familiar

Jamie, wise about counselling and not medication for your daughter.  Teen plus breakup plus mum coming out plus school hassles - its a lot, anger and confusion and grief are to be expected and should be acknowledged and not medicated away.  Be the sane parent, let her know you are there for her - keep doing what you are doing.  You've got this.

November 17, 2021 8:34 am  #152

So sorry about your lesbian wife. I do not believe in spanking but your daughter needs to learn that she cannot act in that manner. I would punish her somehow. If you can, divorce the lesbian. She does not deserve you.

November 17, 2021 1:15 pm  #153

Gloria wrote:

So sorry about your lesbian wife. I do not believe in spanking but your daughter needs to learn that she cannot act in that manner. I would punish her somehow. If you can, divorce the lesbian. She does not deserve you.

Wow Gloria....your comment is just so wrong.
Punish a teen who has so much going on in her life at the moment? No....simply no! 

Elle

KIA KAHA                       

November 18, 2021 11:03 am  #154

This is not a behavioral issue.  "Punishment" would backfire.

November 18, 2021 11:36 am  #155

I never spanked my child but used other forms of punishment. If this young lady is in public school, she will be punished for bad behavior. If she is old enough to break the law, she may go to jail. I feel sorry for her and am so very glad my child was not put in that situation.

November 18, 2021 1:57 pm  #156

Gloria wrote:

Wow, Elle/Kia   We will have to disagree on this. You parent your children and I will parent mine. You are still living with a homosexual-hope your children are all right.

How about you not telling Jamieblunt how to parent his child then? 
Homosexual-hope? What a stupid comment, and totally irrelevant to the discussion..

KIA KAHA                       

November 19, 2021 3:56 am  #157

so this just about sums her up at the moment.
its her birthday next Saturday and she asks me what we are doing for it, i reply i don't know as she has ignored me for most of this year and does she actually want to do anything with me, a few days go by and then yesterday she says "oh lets get a take away" so i say ok then she adds after that she's off out on her own.
I am getting better at letting it wash over me and now i have kitted out our spare bedroom for me instead of sleeping downstairs her coming home at whatever time doesn't affect me so much as i try to be asleep.
But i am still shocked on a daily basis by her, we were talking about her moving out after the divorce and her breath taking selfish attitude is quite something, straight away not caring about our daughters welfare and wanting to make firm week on week off custody as "she wants to be able to go out" i said to her i would be happy if daughter wants to stay with me full time but until shes settled i am not going to tell her which house she has to be in, i am happy with agreement to have her with me but i feel i am doing this from daughters point of view where as stbx is more concerned with her own lifestyle.

other gems from this conversation were around holidays she works in education i do not but i always take my holidays in school holidays, i said i was planning a boys holiday to europe for a week (in school time) and she got the right arse, she really doesn't seem to get that what she has started also has a few upsides for me as well, i am lucky in my job i get a fair bit of time off so it wouldn't impact my time with the children during holidays but she didn't like that i could go during term time on holiday, totally selfish...

she also got funny discussing the family holidays where we drive to her home country (it takes us about 24 hours from Calais and i love doing it and being there) i told her i would happily take the children to see my mother-in-law without her, i didnt feel i should exclude myself from her family as i have done nothing wrong (although neither of us speak each other language but we have enough to point and comunicate through broken language and gesture) but i have family affection for my mother in law and my bother in law and his fmaily just constricted by language but both my children spreak the lingo so i have help. it wasnt that she wanted me not to go she just got funny that i said i would happily go without her.

Last edited by jamieblunt (November 19, 2021 4:01 am)

November 19, 2021 8:36 am  #158

Elle/Kia, I am a child development major and not a therapist. You are correct-I do not need to tell Jamie how to parent. A homosexual is a man who has sex with other men instead of women. We talk about them all of the time. I do not know how old your children are but I do hope they have developed in a normal way. I was married to my son's straight dad and our son is just fine. Hope that you have a happy and a blessed day. By the way, no question or comment is stupid.

November 19, 2021 9:09 am  #159

I have a feeling that this "stbx is more concerned with her own lifestyle." is something you will encounter quite heavily until everyone is clear on the new normal. Week on/off is a good starting framework but there needs to be some allowance for illness, work travel, vacations, extended family visiting, and things like that. Maybe allow for up to three requests per year to exchange weeks for anything other than the most dire emergencies?

“The future is unwritten.”
― Joe Strummer

November 19, 2021 2:17 pm  #160

I am wondering if it make a difference to the financial arrangements if it is one week on one week off or one child each?

Jamie, sorry to be a worrywart but I am bothered by your solicitor's advice.  is this a 'no frills' divorce package?  I would check this out further now Jamie.  Relying on being able to sue your solicitor if she's wrong doesn't seem like a good fall back position compared to having paid for your wife to consult a solicitor.  

You only get one shot at divorce.  How it pans out will impact on you enormously.

So just to paint a possible scenario here - you have divorced with an equal split of parenting responsibilities but it turns out that your wife really doesn't feel the same way about spending time with her children and tending to their needs as you do and rapidly she positions you to take most of the load of parenting while she is still claiming half the parenting income.

thinking about how to protect yourself now might help.

just editing to add good for you, it's so painful, and you are doing so well.  keep posting as much as you like.

Last edited by lily (November 19, 2021 4:19 pm)

Board footera