OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 25, 2021 6:59 pm  #61

Re: Can we make SSN more hospitable to people on varying paths?

Lily,

I’m pretty sure I’ve never said that. If I did, please post the link. My husband is a good person, a really good person, in fact. I’m happy to be married to a really good person. That means more to me than him being straight or bi. 

Tangled

Last edited by TangledOil (May 25, 2021 8:15 pm)

May 26, 2021 10:22 am  #62

Ellexoh_nz wrote:

TangledOil wrote:
......."I would not be able to send you an invite to the discord group as there are three of us that join together and discuss who we will invite. .... "

Tangled....This is exactly what I encountered with one of the Yahoo MOM groups, needing to meet a criteria to join....which was totally unlike the space this Forum gave me to decide for myself where I belonged.

The reason the invite wasn’t able to be approved was that the person didn’t meet the main requirement. The discord group is:
Straight Spouses in a MOM. 
she did not meet the “in a MOM”.

I for one feel you should no longer need to be a member here. It appears you stay simply to entice members to your other groups.

I don’t think that’s up to you. And, from what I’ve read, Tangled frequently helps new members, and is not here “simply to entice members to other groups. 

Other groups are out there, and many of us can use another perspective and get other opinions, etc. So, I see nothing wrong with mentioning other groups unless it’s against the rules. 

Elle

KIA KAHA

May 26, 2021 11:16 am  #63

I joined last July and posted my story. I received an unkind reply. I talked to my therapist and she said that it is possible that everyone in this group may not be a straight spouse. I read the comments and stories now and it helps me. I do not post my personal information. If a member is having a difficult time and feels uncomfortable, reading other members stories does help.

May 26, 2021 1:23 pm  #64

SusanneH

My post was a comment on Tangled's answer to a post by somebody else. It is my opinion of the way she comes across to me. And I originally wrongly posted it on the MOM board so moved it.

And no there's nothing wrong with mentioning other groups. It's the dismissive (towards the Forum) way she does it. Again this is my opinion.

The Forum already has a gay man who runs his own thread and never posts anywhere else... I think that's all the LGBTQ input we need here

Elle

KIA KAHA                       

May 26, 2021 1:37 pm  #65

Gloria wrote:

..... I talked to my therapist and she said that it is possible that everyone in this group may not be a straight spouse. .,...

Your therapist! said that?! That just sounds so unprofessional and scaremongering

!!!

KIA KAHA                       

May 26, 2021 1:54 pm  #66

Last edited by TangledOil (May 26, 2021 1:55 pm)

May 26, 2021 1:57 pm  #67

Ellexoh_nz wrote:

Gloria wrote:

..... I talked to my therapist and she said that it is possible that everyone in this group may not be a straight spouse. .,...

Your therapist! said that?! That just sounds so unprofessional and scaremongering

!!!

My therapist indicated similar doubts about some of those posting on SSN... she thought some were trolls getting a thrill out of antagonizing true straight spouses.

May 26, 2021 2:35 pm  #68

TangledOil wrote:

My therapist indicated similar doubts about some of those posting on SSN... she thought some were trolls getting a PC ee thrill out of antagonizing true straight spouses.

There are trolls everywhere, you just have to be smarter than the trolls.

Elle

KIA KAHA                       

May 26, 2021 4:02 pm  #69

In about 10 years I've only seen a handful of people who looked like they were posting for malicious reasons or for some perverse pleasure and those were mostly in the days before you had to register to post. (Not including the odd bit of spam that filters through. Even that is pretty low compared to other sites.)

“The future is unwritten.”
― Joe Strummer

May 26, 2021 4:50 pm  #70

yes agreed Daryl.

What we do get here a bit is women who are not straight who have been duped into marriage by a not straight man.  

Board footera