OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 2, 2021 10:56 pm  #11

Re: Feeling Invisible

Get out before it further destroys you. He is not worth your emotional wellbeing. I was suicidal and under medication. I stop taking medication after I left him and felt much better. Please get out of that toxic relationship. He doesn't deserve you. 

July 20, 2021 7:49 am  #12

I can understand and most people in this forum too.  I am married 21 years and it has been a month since i woke up in this storm.  You are not alone, many of us are struggling but we need to focus on us.  our partners have been selfish for years focusing on them and now we are miserable.  I agree on what others say, work on yourself....your life is worth living. 

Hang in there.

July 20, 2021 6:02 pm  #13

Am glad you're concentrating on your own well-being, newtotheclub.  That will help get you to the other side of TGT. That's the goal for us all.

Am also glad your response brought back this thread. There are different people expressing the depths of despair here. There's suicidal ideation from a few different posters.

It's common with TGT.  I went through it too feeling nothing would improve.

I hope these posters got support and will check in if they feel like it.

No - It's not too late. It's not hopeless. Even there, there's something I can do. I just have to find the will. Ikiru (1952), film directed by Akira Kurosawa 

Board footera