Straight Spouse Network Open Forum
This Open Forum is funded and administered by the Straight Spouse Network (SSN), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to straight spouses and partners who have discovered that their spouse/partner isn’t straight. Your donations allow us to provide important support and resources that straight spouses can't find anywhere else. Learn more >>>

DONATE TODAY >>>

This Open Forum is funded and administered by the Straight Spouse Network (SSN), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to straight spouses and partners who have discovered that their spouse/partner isn’t straight. The results from SSN’s Annual Summer Donation Drive are in! Together with your help, SSN raised $16,381 during our annual Summer Donation Drive! That’s 109% of our goal! Learn more about how the funds will be utilized.

DONATE TODAY >>>

Straight Spouse Network Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by the Straight Spouse Network (SSN), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to straight spouses and partners who have discovered that their spouse/partner isn’t straight. Your donations allow us to provide important support and resources that straight spouses can't find anywhere else.

Happy New Year, Friends!

Our year-end fundraising campaign is officially complete and with your generous help we raised $13,813 to serve straight spouses in need. From all of us at SSN, we thank you from the bottom of our hearts. Your donations allow us to provide important support and resources that straight spouses can't find anywhere else.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 28, 2021 3:33 pm  #11

Re: The Big List of Red Flags

yes, thanks Sam that's really good  - a first aid thread written by the posters is an excellent resource.

I don't think it's the place to add links.  It's the first aid kit - readily accessible in the immediacy of the moment when the shock is happening, giving reassurance from the personal touch. 

I don't think Minwalla's article should be in the first aid kit.  I don't think it should be in a separate thread for links either.  I think it deserves an individual pinned position - for the reasons expressed by Oliviap just above.  

a prioritised position because it speaks to the core of the situation.  It's so helpful for any of us that want to read it.

so that is my thoughts on the subject - I make a case for pinning it.  I am wondering what the objections might be - I am not understanding your reluctance to pin it.

But I really can appreciate there might be reasons not to do it and would be grateful if you could tell me.

Last edited by lily (March 28, 2021 3:35 pm)

March 28, 2021 5:17 pm  #12

No particular objections, just being sparing about pinning new topics. 

March 28, 2021 10:09 pm  #13

ah, that makes sense, I did wonder if it was that.  Yes, you don't want a whole list of pinned topics.  

This is such a unique article though, I can't see that it is likely to act as an open door for more pinned posts.  and maybe you can make room for it by unpinning Kel's post about amazing changes which seems to be about something in particular that was happening then, rather than being of enduring relevance to new posters.

sorry Sam, I know I'm being a bit pushy and I promise I won't ask again - but I do think this site is such a lifesaver and the pinned topics work really well at keeping the necessary information up front.

thanks, Lily

March 29, 2021 1:58 pm  #14

This is interesting. I’ve never attempted to prove that my spouse is anything LGBTQ. I’ve always suspected he was bi and then he eventually told me he now identifies as bi (in the last few years). I guess it just wasn’t concerning to me, nor did I figure it was my place to attempt to label him even though we discussed it periodically for decades. I guess I can see why people may attempt to label especially if they think their significant other is doing sneaky stuff. I never suspected that. 

Tangled 

March 30, 2021 4:29 pm  #15

Thank you so much, Sam!

The First Aid Kit updates look amazing. Very grateful – thank you!

Board footera