OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 12, 2020 11:39 pm  #51

Re: Covid19/Coronavirus

Our area will probably be on lockdown until July or August.    Am in California & our governor and local jurisdictions are very strict about shelter in place to keep the COVID-19 numbers low.
Am splitting my time between my own home & driving to my parents home 30 miles away to provide caregiving. It’s stressful because one parent has always had overwhelming mental health issues. My sibling has a milder form of the illness.

Mother’s Day was difficult as my parent was acting up and my sibling was emotionally abusive to them & me.  They gave my mom a half-dead plant on Sunday out of spite. If I speak up about the abuse from both, I get blamed for causing trouble. Am sure this is why I took abuse from my GIDXH for so many years.

Am grateful to be home alone today.

I hope all of you stay healthy... and strong if you’re still living with your non-straight spouses.

No - It's not too late. It's not hopeless. Even there, there's something I can do. I just have to find the will. Ikiru (1952), film directed by Akira Kurosawa 

May 16, 2020 9:05 pm  #52

MJM017 wrote:

Our area will probably be on lockdown until July or August. Am in California & our governor and local jurisdictions are very strict about shelter in place to keep the COVID-19 numbers low.
NZ has moved from Level 4 (everybody at home, everything CLOSED, no contact with anybody not in one's own personal bubble) to two weeks of some shops, restaurants & schools open with restrictions. With a focus on safety rather than what's essential. The deaths from Covid have decreased enough to cautiously move in to Level 2, which allows gatherings of no more than 10 people, and still no drinking establishments allowed to open I keep a diary of where, when and with who I go, to make contract-tracing easy if needed  
Am splitting my time between my own home & driving to my parents home 30 miles away to provide caregiving. It’s stressful because one parent has always had overwhelming mental health issues. My sibling has a milder form of the illness.
This must be so difficult for you. But what a good daughter you are. Are you the only home-help they have?
Mother’s Day was difficult as my parent was acting up and my sibling was emotionally abusive to them & me. They gave my mom a half-dead plant on Sunday out of spite. If I speak up about the abuse from both, I get blamed for causing trouble. Am sure this is why I took abuse from my GIDXH for so many years.
Omg! what did your mother do....say? What a heartbreaking thing to do..!!
Gotta be strong to get through this  right?
I hope all of you stay healthy... and strong if you’re still living with your non-straight spouses.

Elle

Last edited by Ellexoh_nz (May 16, 2020 9:06 pm)

KIA KAHA                       

May 23, 2020 5:22 am  #53

How is everybody? 

New Zealand came out of a full Rahui..all confined to home 4 weeks ago, then Level 3 for 2 weeks, and now our drinking establishments, cafes (takeaway only), and primary schools have returned . Many have chosen to stay working from home. So many have lost their jobs.
I decided to support the national carrier....and fly down to see my sister, then on to see my daughter. We've been asked to keep track of where we go and when
I hope you're all being as strong as a straight spouse

Elle

KIA KAHA                       

May 31, 2020 4:53 am  #54

Hey people I've been visiting family for almost 2 weeks. Haven't missed my partner at all , but it was my birthday half way thru my trip and he sent flowers to my sister's house. The next day I flew to my daughter's city and...lo and behold!....another bunch of flowers. He said in the note attached "if you haven't realised...you're being wooed". All the while he's 'wooing' I'm writing more of the story of our life together and how he ruined what I thought was going to be a wonderful future together. The last time he bought flowers was when I'd got back from another trip away. He seems to only be able to express himself remotely.

Anyway.....Covid19. New Zealand has just one confirmed case of Covid19 in the country. Our borders are still closed to foreigners (except the American film crew who flew in today and those NZ'ers coming home, who must do the required 14 day isolation). Covid19 contact tracing apps are the norm, social distancing still a requirement, tho groups of 100 may now gather. 

Cross fingers we don't lapse and have to return to Rahui (lockdown) once more

Last edited by Ellexoh_nz (May 31, 2020 2:14 pm)

KIA KAHA                       

June 1, 2020 8:04 pm  #55

We’re still on lockdown, but slowly moving on. School children were allowed to attend pt day camps today. The older folks have to wait until mid to late July for sit down restaurant meals, gym openings & group meetings. The end looks like it’s near. Looking forward to stretching my social muscles!

I want to mention the unjustified death which took place last week. It’s heartbreaking. I really have no words but deep sorrow.

Last edited by MJM017 (June 1, 2020 9:41 pm)

No - It's not too late. It's not hopeless. Even there, there's something I can do. I just have to find the will. Ikiru (1952), film directed by Akira Kurosawa 

June 1, 2020 9:18 pm  #56

Ellexoh_nz wrote:

MJM017 wrote:

Our area will probably be on lockdown until July or August. Am in California & our governor and local jurisdictions are very strict about shelter in place to keep the COVID-19 numbers low.
NZ has moved from Level 4 (everybody at home, everything CLOSED, no contact with anybody not in one's own personal bubble) to two weeks of some shops, restaurants & schools open with restrictions. With a focus on safety rather than what's essential. The deaths from Covid have decreased enough to cautiously move in to Level 2, which allows gatherings of no more than 10 people, and still no drinking establishments allowed to open I keep a diary of where, when and with who I go, to make contract-tracing easy if needed  
This must be so difficult for you. But what a good daughter you are. Are you the only home-help they have?
Mother’s Day was difficult as my parent was acting up and my sibling was emotionally abusive to them & me. They gave my mom a half-dead plant on Sunday out of spite. If I speak up about the abuse from both, I get blamed for causing trouble. Am sure this is why I took abuse from my GIDXH for so many years.
Omg! what did your mother do....say? What a heartbreaking thing to do..!!
Gotta be strong to get through this  right?

Elle

Hi Elle,

Sorry I didn’t answer sooner. It’s been painful to think about.  I’m going very low contact in this situation. Am still healing from GIDXH & my parents can take care of themselves very well. I will get outside help when the time comes.

If TGT has taught me anything, it’s to set boundaries.

I think I’m having a bad day today. Am over posting. Things will be better tomorrow.

Last edited by MJM017 (June 1, 2020 10:04 pm)

June 1, 2020 10:36 pm  #57

MJM017 wrote:

.....................I want to mention the unjustified death which took place last week. It’s heartbreaking. I really have no words but deep sorrow.

If the reaction in NZ is anything to go by I think most of the world feels your sorrow. 
This is an article from the online news site here

https://tinyurl.com/yceukyxj

Last edited by Ellexoh_nz (June 1, 2020 10:39 pm)

KIA KAHA                       

June 3, 2020 11:45 pm  #58

Happy Belated Birthday, Elle! I’m glad you got away for a bit. That sounds amazing. I’m sorry about the flowers, my GIDH tends to get me flowers often these days and I hate it so much. Where were the flowers for the last 21 1/2 years, during all those valentines and bdays and me giving birth to five beautiful children for him. I just watch the flowers sit there and die every time... a metaphor for my marriage. Yikes.

I’m so raw I can’t stop crying. I’m still not allowed to open my business yet in CA so I’m still stuck at home with no income to keep working towards divorce.
The horrible pain so many people are feeling over the horrific murder of an innocent man is everywhere. I’m desperately trying to learn and teach my kids and figure out how to help but my GIDH is so disapproving of me speaking up for truth and justice and compassion... at least he hasn’t silenced me, because he knows that I am not the weak willed submissive wife I used to be.
And now fire season is starting again in my rural area. Three fires yesterday and three today. I want to move so bad, I don’t want to have to evacuate again or spend so many weeks without power like last year. Every time there’s any wind they shut off our power so the lines don’t start a fire. I want to move so badly but he says he won’t for another year.
I have promised myself that I’m not staying married past Feb 2 of next year, since that’s a year from when I realized he’s gay, not just bi, and that my sacrifice of 21 years of my life to try to finally make him happy were all useless. I figured I could handle one year to get my things in order. But then lockdown and shutting down my new business happened. I feel like a rat stuck in a trap who would gladly chew off its own leg to escape, but I can’t leave my babies. And I can’t afford a place that will get the 18yr old to willingly come too. And he’s been on superb behavior since February. I’ve never seen anything like it. When I was losing my patience over all the online covid-schooling he would come out of his room all calm and get the kids to calm down and even make them laugh. Where was he during the last 18 years as I struggled with homeschooling and charter schools and acclimating the kids through the culture shock of starting public school.
So many people have it so much worse than me. I want to help people heal themselves and be empowered and live joyful, love-filled lives. But I haven’t been able to rescue myself yet. And I keep getting blocked.  I know they say that when you have a goal you WILL encounter obstacles. But each one seems insurmountable right now.

June 4, 2020 3:02 am  #59

OneDayAtATime wrote:

Happy Belated Birthday, Elle! I’m glad you got away for a bit. That sounds amazing. I’m sorry about the flowers, my GIDH tends to get me flowers often these days and I hate it so much. Where were the flowers for the last 21 1/2 years, during all those valentines and bdays and me giving birth to five beautiful children for him. I just watch the flowers sit there and die every time... a metaphor for my marriage. Yikes.
Thanks Oneday I was a cryer at the start too. Days/weeks of it. At 4am/whenever a sad song came on the radio. Sometimes I would find a song on Youtube and play it so I would feel the sadness. I could make some parts of most songs....sad. It's a grief that has to happen. 
And you have to make yourself see the barriers that are holding you back as time to get yourself ready to leave, to make something better, something new of your life. Because if you had the chance to leave right now....would you be strong enough? Would the part of you, the raw part of you that can't stop crying...would it be able to summon the strength to leave? 

I’m so raw I can’t stop crying. I’m still not allowed to open my business yet in CA so I’m still stuck at home with no income to keep working towards divorce. 
The horrible pain so many people are feeling over the horrific murder of an innocent man is everywhere. I’m desperately trying to learn and teach my kids and figure out how to help but my GIDH is so disapproving of me speaking up for truth and justice and compassion... at least he hasn’t silenced me, because he knows that I am not the weak willed submissive wife I used to be...Yes...!!!!
And now fire season is starting again in my rural area. Three fires yesterday and three today. I want to move so bad, I don’t want to have to evacuate again or spend so many weeks without power like last year. Every time there’s any wind they shut off our power so the lines don’t start a fire. I want to move so badly but he says he won’t for another year. There is nowhere you could move, no relative or  friend who would help?
I have promised myself that I’m not staying married past Feb 2 of next year, since that’s a year from when I realized he’s gay, not just bi, and that my sacrifice of 21 years of my life to try to finally make him happy were all useless. I figured I could handle one year to get my things in order. But then lockdown and shutting down my new business happened. I feel like a rat stuck in a trap who would gladly chew off its own leg to escape, but I can’t leave my babies. And I can’t afford a place that will get the 18yr old to willingly come too. Does the 18 year old know your situation? And he’s been on superb behavior since February. I’ve never seen anything like it. When I was losing my patience over all the online covid-schooling he would come out of his room all calm and get the kids to calm down and even make them laugh. Where was he during the last 18 years as I struggled with homeschooling and charter schools and acclimating the kids through the culture shock of starting public school.
So many people have it so much worse than me. I want to help people heal themselves and be empowered and live joyful, love-filled lives. But I haven’t been able to rescue myself yet. And I keep getting blocked. I know they say that when you have a goal you WILL encounter obstacles. But each one seems insurmountable right now.

​Feb 2 next year is a date to look forward to, but don't beat yourself up if you find you have to move it out to a later date. Tell yourself now that it's just a date you've 'penciled' in to work towards. Be mindful of your mental health because it can trip us up when we least expect it.
You wrote "I haven't been able to rescue myself......yet" 
Be strong...become stronger xx

Elle

KIA KAHA                       

June 5, 2020 8:52 pm  #60

Hello All ...New Zealand has had no new Covid19 cases for 14 days now and only 1 person in hospital. We still have I hear a couple hundred coming into the country every week but all have a 14 day quarantine before they can 'join' the rest of us.

Life at home continues...but more and more I feel like a traitor to my r'ship. A while back I corresponded with a Forum member whose wife had come out as a lesbian but they stayed together (both elderly)..with the wife stating there would be no intimacy, no sex, and the man (forum member) didn't know how he was going to deal with it. 
 The thing is...I've said to my partner a firm No to sex...and now, rightly or wrongly, I'm feeling guilty and torn....

I have to log off...I'll finish this later

KIA KAHA                       

Board footera