OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 20, 2020 3:14 pm  #41

Re: Covid19/Coronavirus

OutofHisCloset wrote:

How is everyone .... I hope everyone is well  

New Zealand is faring better than many countries. We have gone "hard and early" at Covid19 and only 12 deaths so far. We are mostly in-house with social distancing when out. Which has meant I've had lots of time alone with the man who ruined my future. Walking lots, he has taken over my computer desk which is fine, he's lucky enough to have a job in communications but I was a wee bit miffed at first...lol
 Yeah..Walking and thinking heaps, but not getting ahead of myself because it seems life stopped for the whole world so it could reboot and I see only positivity ahead. For the world and for me

KIA KAHA                       

April 20, 2020 4:43 pm  #42

Hello everyone,
Since I was introduced to this forum in January, I feel a kinship to the people who post here although I don't know you and you don't know me.  I appreciate the recent post of "how is everyone"? 

I am totally grateful that I was able to escape from my bi-curious cross-dressing STBX husband.  I moved out in February, just in the nick of time.  Had it not been for the encouragement and support of my counselor, friends and family (who I kept my secret from for two years) and the posters on this forum, I would be in self-isolation with this man.  I shudder at the thought.  Even 100+ miles apart, it has not been easy.  He insists he has changed; the whole experience was a big mistake - and I don't believe him.  He said that so many times before, only to dash my hopes and dreams one more time..  I believe what he does, not what he says.  

I am doing okay.  I wish I could explore my new home town, but that will come in time.  I mostly do yard work, take long walks, watch tv, and practice my music.  I'm not lonely because a lot of people call me and I'm a participant in three weekly Zoom groups.  I regard this as a strange interlude in my life. 

I hope everyone is okay and coping the best way that they can.  We will get through this and be stronger than ever when it's over. 

Take care and stay safe.  

April 20, 2020 6:03 pm  #43

Hi everyone,

Am glad to read the posts on this board. I feel less isolated and am happy posters don’t have COVID-19.

I have my down days but am keeping busy with a variety of online activities.  Feeling bored tends to amplify the sadness.

The leader of the religion I follow is broadcasting daily services on YouTube. During the first week of quarantine, he mentioned one must cut off dialog with a person who has bad intent sewn into his/her heart.  It was like a dark cloud of guilt from my marriage lifted. I usually hear forgive & seek the good in someone from church pastors in my country.  I have paid enough for GIDXH’s bad behavior; he was a con artist. I was a great wife. It’s nice not to punish myself for the divorce and his death.

I yearn to start a social life at some point.  That will happen once it’s safe. Take care, all!

No - It's not too late. It's not hopeless. Even there, there's something I can do. I just have to find the will. Ikiru (1952), film directed by Akira Kurosawa 

April 20, 2020 8:34 pm  #44

Australia is in pretty good shape too - 72 deaths so far.  and now the numbers of new cases has dropped right down but we are still staying home.  I don't think it will change much for some time to come, even when restrictions get eased.  I am quite lucky where I am with no cases in the area and the beach nearby - big enough that social distancing stays in place. 

I'm finding the isolating factor quite a journey, sometimes good sometimes not, it is happening anyway and I quite like going a bit doolally at times and I have some neighbours to have friendly interactions with and getting inventive in my cooking.  My cat is happy.

April 27, 2020 8:30 pm  #45

Checking in from Canada. I hope everyone here is fairing well and NOT stuck in a home with their stbx spouse. Stay safe everyone!

April 27, 2020 10:22 pm  #46

iamthelorax wrote:

Checking in from Canada. I hope everyone here is fairing well and NOT stuck in a home with their stbx spouse. Stay safe everyone!

All good Lorax...New Zealand has moved from Level 4...EVERYTHING closed, everybody at home, to Level 3...some business like construction, cafes, takeaways open but with strict hygiene rules with children of essential workers only allowed back at school so for many the home-schooling continues.

My bisexual partner is like a flatmate, and we'll be in this enforced holding pattern until 'the planes are flying again'. With so much future economic uncertainty in NZ I may hold back from going forward in my SS journey

KIA KAHA                       

May 9, 2020 10:06 am  #47

Edited to delete my post.

Last edited by OutofHisCloset (May 9, 2020 4:47 pm)

May 9, 2020 2:40 pm  #48

....New Zealand, in the next day or two...will decide whether to change the Level 3 status the country has been following and move to Level 2 which allows business to open with very strict rules and guidelines re public safety. It was a glorious day yesterday and people were out crowding the beaches and footpaths which is not what our PM Jacinda Adern wants. Social distance is a norm for most but sunshine and blue sky are hard to resist when you've been isolating for 5 weeks! NZ now has an anonymous website and phone line for people to call to report any 'misdemeanors'..people gathering socially....

Meanwhile I myself had a chance to experience my city's Covid19 response at our hospital, which at the moment has, as it's A&E reception, a series of tented partitions one has to go through to be treated. I'm okay....I had a rather bad SVT attack that was remedied with medication

I hope all Forum members & readers are holding up well

Elle

Last edited by Ellexoh_nz (May 9, 2020 7:43 pm)

KIA KAHA                       

May 9, 2020 10:09 pm  #49

I’m sorry you had to deal with an SVT attack Elle, that’s so scary! I’m glad you have meds and are ok. Is it triggered by stress for you? I have mild episodes of heart racing, almost always triggered by stress, but so far I don’t need meds yet... but my normal checkup with the cardiologist was canceled due to covid, so we’ll see.

My state is still under stay at home orders. I may not be allowed to work until July or August. I guess it’s just as well because I still am teaching the kids at home through May.

May 9, 2020 11:21 pm  #50

OneDayAtATime wrote:

I’m sorry you had to deal with an SVT attack Elle, that’s so scary! I’m glad you have meds and are ok. Is it triggered by stress for you? I have mild episodes of heart racing, almost always triggered by stress, but so far I don’t need meds yet... but my normal checkup with the cardiologist was canceled due to covid, so we’ll see.
I have an appointment with a cardiologist in June As for the cause....I've had SVTs for more years than I've had stress so not sure why I  get them

My state is still under stay at home orders. I may not be allowed to work until July or August. I guess it’s just as well because I still am teaching the kids at home through May.
I've finally been able to have time with my grandson after a 4 week stint of not seeing anyone. But I think he'll be back to school in a week which will take pressure of his parents 

KIA KAHA                       

Board footera