OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 18, 2021 3:47 am  #41

Re: How to detect guys if they're gay or straight...?!

there is a sea of bi or lesbian women all around.  Really, really there is.

Cut to image of a grown straight man hiding behind the sofa!

And now here is my secret, a very simple secret. It is only with the heart that one can see clearly that which is essential is invisible to the eye.

August 18, 2021 8:27 am  #42

lily, I'm far more cynical about the bi-women thing.  I think guys who deliberately avoid thinking in the long-term get into the idea that they're going to have lots of kinky three-way sex with a bi girlfriend and all her friends.

I don't have much empathy to waste on people who try to use other people.  I'm angered by people deluding themselves that they're justified in luring an unsuspecting person into a monogamous allegedly straight marriage, and then springing the ugly surprise on them after their lives and finances and families are so entangled there's a price to be paid for a straight spouses to extract themselves.

August 18, 2021 8:42 am  #43

walkbymyself wrote:

lily, I'm far more cynical about the bi-women thing.  I think guys who deliberately avoid thinking in the long-term get into the idea that they're going to have lots of kinky three-way sex with a bi girlfriend and all her friends.

I don't have much empathy to waste on people who try to use other people.  I'm angered by people deluding themselves that they're justified in luring an unsuspecting person into a monogamous allegedly straight marriage, and then springing the ugly surprise on them after their lives and finances and families are so entangled there's a price to be paid for a straight spouses to extract themselves.

A  price that is too high to pay. That is where I am, and she knows it. Trapped, no future, no past, no present.

And now here is my secret, a very simple secret. It is only with the heart that one can see clearly that which is essential is invisible to the eye.

August 18, 2021 10:42 am  #44

OG, I'm hiding behind the sofa too!

walkby, if a man is thinking like that he's just gone to the wrong place hasn't he, not a woman to desire him in sight!!

OG  up til now the price has kept on growing but now you know where you are.  This is a huge accomplishment in itself and good things can come of it.

August 18, 2021 10:59 am  #45

OG, I'm hiding behind the sofa too!

Good. Did you remember to bring sandwiches and a flask of tea? I think we are going to be here for some time. At least it is more comfortable than a closet.

August 18, 2021 4:56 pm  #46

I can relate to this post.  My distrust for people is huge. I look at all men and think they’re a closeted gay guy. Im working on divorce but can’t imagine dating again. I was played and I don’t feel that I could ever give of myself again. No children, under sixty and soon to be a divorced woman who is going to live my life with myself out of fear.  Save some room behind the couch for me.

August 18, 2021 5:30 pm  #47

Lily!!!

”Were going to need a bigger sofa!!”

Fine, she can have the closet, I will have the sofa.

August 18, 2021 7:17 pm  #48

more sandwiches too!

August 19, 2021 9:28 am  #49

Wine.

August 19, 2021 11:17 am  #50

Board footera