OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 12, 2019 10:52 am  #1

Confused. What should I do?

I have been with my husband 10 years and we have 5 children. He has an interest in men sexually yet he won’t admit it. We “talk” about it during our intimate moments but never outside of that. I have caught him several times messaging other men/women trans on his phone but he insists it’s spam messages.  I just need someone to talk to that is in a similar situation because I don’t know how to feel or what to do how to react.  Thanks.

August 12, 2019 2:17 pm  #2

Re: Confused. What should I do?

Hi,

you have five small children - unless you have a family that can take you in, you are staying where you are for the next little while, I would have thought.

but you are learning that you cannot trust your husband - which is so very painful and a very difficult position to find yourself in.  You know he is not being honest with you.  If he is talking to trans people he is likely one himself, a bit of snooping will probably confirm if you are uncertain.

You sound like you are straight, ie you want a husband who will be a father to your children and you can't change being like that any more than he can change into being straight.

Don't try talking about it with him, don't try and negotiate with him, he is not being honest, there's no point.  Less than no point, it becomes a chance for him to manipulate you.  Take your time about it but just start navigating your own path.  

So my advice most strongly is not to attempt to accommodate him one iota.  Not at all.  Don't do anything you don't want to do.   Don't try and stop him from being himself, that's his business, but don't let him stop you from being yourself.  You are straight, be proud of it.  Defend your kitchen!

wishing you all the best, Lily 

August 14, 2019 9:29 pm  #3

Re: Confused. What should I do?

Hi, 
I'm sorry you're facing that with your husband.  It really depends on where you are at in how you want to move forward with your husband.  Like Lily mentioned, it'll do nothing to try to speak with him if he's not up front and honest.  Do you want to leave him?  Can you leave?   

Board footera