OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 7, 2018 8:15 am  #31

Re: Forum Jargon for Newbies

< deleted >

Last edited by Estella Oculus (February 11, 2019 4:29 pm)

June 4, 2018 7:56 am  #32

I'm new here.  4 days ago my husband of 25 years shared (finally) that he is gay.  There are no words to describe my state though i imagine others here know.  we told our 3 daughters saturday and now i do not know what to do.  he's still here in the house, in our bed and i feel angry, betrayed, devastated, terrified, confused.  i think i want him to leave sooner rather than later.  its too painful seeing him here yet knowing nothing is nor will ever be the same... 

June 4, 2018 8:14 am  #33

jacki wrote:

I'm new here.  4 days ago my husband of 25 years shared (finally) that he is gay.  There are no words to describe my state though i imagine others here know.  we told our 3 daughters saturday and now i do not know what to do.  he's still here in the house, in our bed and i feel angry, betrayed, devastated, terrified, confused.  i think i want him to leave sooner rather than later.  its too painful seeing him here yet knowing nothing is nor will ever be the same... 

Hi jacki, 

Welcome!  I'm so sorry you are going through this.  You are likely in a state of shock.  We understand and hopefully we can help. 

Could you start a new thread of your own in the "support" forum section?
Click here:   http://straightspouse.boardhost.com/viewforum.php?id=3
then find the little box on the right that says  New Topic.  

This way we can get some dedicated conversation to support you. 

-Formerly "Lostdad" - I now embrace the username "phoenix" because my former life ended in flames, but my new life will be spectacular. 

June 4, 2018 8:15 am  #34

HI Jacki,
I've been where you are-only a few months ago. Married 27years. Theres a section called-support-. You'll see it on the main page. Please post for us in there. You will then see you are not alone at all. xxx

May 18, 2019 8:52 am  #35

Vic, this site is not about servers or their support, debian or otherwise.

“The future is unwritten.”
― Joe Strummer

December 21, 2020 8:25 am  #36

New here and this was a helpful post. Thank you!

January 19, 2021 7:46 pm  #37

Can we please add....Mindfuck/abbreviated to MF,.....,to the Jargon list

said very tongue-in-cheek

Elle

KIA KAHA                       

September 12, 2021 5:16 pm  #38

I’m very proud that this post is still here. Pinned and viewed over 20,000 times I think. (Can’t see the number of views on my phone) I’m glad that it has been so helpful to newbies.

The post actually pre-dates 2016. It was brought over from the old forum (Voyforums?)

I have updated it a few times as I have seen new acronyms arise in the forum posts. If anything new should be on there please let me know.

I’ve kinda been expecting it to disappear because times change and some things in there might not be ‘PC’ any more.

Anyway… thanks and love to you all.

You have a future. A good one. It begins as a flicker of hope. Nurture it until it becomes a dream and when you are strong enough you will make it a reality. NEVER give up. 

September 12, 2021 5:45 pm  #39

Steve wrote:

I’m very proud that this post is still here. Pinned and viewed over 20,000 times I think. (Can’t see the number of views on my phone) I’m glad that it has been so helpful to newbies.

The post actually pre-dates 2016. It was brought over from the old forum (Voyforums?)

I have updated it a few times as I have seen new acronyms arise in the forum posts. If anything new should be on there please let me know.

I’ve kinda been expecting it to disappear because times change and some things in there might not be ‘PC’ any more.

Anyway… thanks and love to you all.

I am a tech worker and click through 'terms of service' agreements all the time. I don't pay attention to the fine print. 

That's a great post and am glad it's pinned. Thanks!!  Am also glad this forum board was kept. I read older posts a few times weekly. They give support when the board is slow moving.

BTW, Steve, you can see the number of views per thread on a phone by clicking the three horizontal bars on the upper left and choosing desktop view. It's not a default view - doesn't persist when you leave and return. I have an iPhone. Not sure if this works with Android or Microsoft-based cell phones.

This post has 23,374 views as of a minute ago.

Best,
Maria

No - It's not too late. It's not hopeless. Even there, there's something I can do. I just have to find the will. Ikiru (1952), film directed by Akira Kurosawa 

Board footera