OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 12, 2017 10:12 am  #31

Re: Everyone I know is closeted- its a nightmare

After discussing with Sam, we have changed the "bylaws" for the forum.  In the announcement section of the page that shows up near the top of every page you will note that the third bullet point has been edited.  

It now states the following:   Any discussion of LGBT related issues is acceptable provided it remains constructive and respectful of other viewpoints. Hateful, degrading, or prejudiced speech and/or personal attacks will not be tolerated

What does this mean?   I means that we support all conversations about the straight spouse experience.  These conversations can include general theory about homosexuality.  Concepts like AI and birth order that are general in nature and do involve grouping are acceptable discussion points.  
However, these topics will be monitored and if the conversations devolve into hateful stereotypes, prejudices or any form of personal attacks, we will intervene to keep things constructive and healthy.

Put in plain speech for the sake of effect..  It's ok to discuss whether or not artificial intelligence can detect or birth order can influence.  It's not ok to say that homosexuals are evil. 

I will create a new post to address this in a more visible place.   Thanks!

-Formerly "Lostdad" - I now embrace the username "phoenix" because my former life ended in flames, but my new life will be spectacular. 

Board footera