OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 24, 2017 11:00 am  #12

Re: SSN Support closer to home

I'm not sure about that last bit, Sam - I think your private/secret group can see your friends.  I'm in a secret group, and while I'm friends with most of them, there a few that I'm not friends with.  I just checked, and I can see their friends - not just the ones we share.

Regardless though - yes, you could always just make a separate FB account just for this purpose.  You can even go into the settings and make it completely private - so that even if someone searched for you, they'd never find it.  Or give yourself a different name online - an abbreviation of your real name, or something that you'd rather be known as.

I can't understand why anyone would need a "real" name.  Unless they've found that people trying to get into such groups are unlikely to do so if they're faking and asked for their real names?  I suppose that's entirely possible.

Kel

You are not required to set yourself on fire to keep other people warm.

Board footera