OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 25, 2017 2:28 pm  #31

Re: Anyone with a transgender spouse

Deleted

Last edited by Duped (November 11, 2019 2:54 pm)

May 27, 2017 7:46 am  #32

Secretly,
   "Weekly Amazon packages to support his habits" raises a hug red financial flag for me.  I hope you are taking steps to protect your finances and your credit.  

May 27, 2017 5:08 pm  #33

I know, we just drafted a separation doc to be signed by an attorney next week. I will feel much better then. The current talk is all on transition. He is obsessed with it. I'll be glad when we are just co-parents and nothing further. We already agreed to not be married but live in the same space for the next few months. Out house is 4K sq ft so it's not hard to find our own space. I'm relieved and I don't think I have within me the particular strength required to be married to a trans man. There is absolutely no relationship whatsoever. Just a roommate situation. I will be happy to report when everything is signed. Huge load off my mind.

May 27, 2017 9:16 pm  #34

Secretly,
   "The 'particular strength' required to be married to a trans man"?  Please be kinder to yourself; this isn't about your shortcomings.  It's about the life choices your husband would force on you. To not want to have your life defined by his trans issues is not an indication that you lack "strength."  It's an indication that you have the backbone to say that you won't subordinate yourself and cut off your own sexuality...you have the same rights and should have the same expectation of fulfillment as he does.
  I'm glad you're doing what protects you.

May 27, 2017 11:11 pm  #35

Thank you OOHC,

I agree, absolutely everything is fixated on his desires to be trans. It's consuming and destructive to my health. That is why I am getting out. Thank you for the encouragement, I really benefit from this site.

May 28, 2017 6:31 am  #36

Yes, it's terrifying, isn't it, the extent to which the desire to feminize the self becomes an all-consuming fixation and crowds out everything else.  My husband would rather have a relationship with himself than with me and even our (adult) son.  My son and his long time girlfriend just split up, and when I jokingly said perhaps our son could rent a house across the street that has just come open, my husband said he didn't want our son living so close.  The reason?  Because my husband was worried our son might come over and catch him wearing his girly clothes.  

May 28, 2017 7:57 am  #37

How sad...I would want my kids home or living as close to me  as possible.

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

Board footera