OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 16, 2017 12:17 pm  #31

Re: Whew ... I was having withdrawal!

maresyd, although we're a good 1/2 hour from Orland, we're there all.the.time.  It's where a ton of the good furniture stores are! 

Kel

You are not required to set yourself on fire to keep other people warm.

March 16, 2017 4:44 pm  #32

Clif, I'll virtually wave south on my way to Chicago. 

“Above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely of places.”

July 2, 2022 5:08 pm  #33

I knew my husband was gay before we married. We were friends for a long time. I guess you can say we realized we loved each other and sex was good. He was very attentive and definitely enjoyed sex with me. We have been married 37 years. We have three grown children. Over the years things started to change, he was often late from work and sex was less and less. I can never say I was not aware. I dealt with it because I had three children and he is a good Dad. In fact I good husband. Yes there was times when he was/is distant. He is somewhere else. I also thought when the kids were done with college I would leave. Some circumstances did not let that happen. I finally confronted him a few years ago. He wasn't too surprised and did not deny anything. He says he loves me, and I believe this is true. He says it's only for sex, no emotional attachment,he does not want a relationship with a man. As time went on he can not be the person I want sexually, his interest in me is gone. Unfortunately, I love him and am still attracted to him. He tries really hard not to go and have sex with men but, it never lasts. I told him recently that we can stay together for now, but he can't have me any more. He is a very affectionate person, likes to hold my hand, hugs and kisses alot. I know he is devastated by my decision. I want a full relationship, not a half one. I am trying to regain my self esteem and gain courage to leave. I am 68 years old and still have a whole lot of life. It hurts real bad. This is my first post.

July 2, 2022 9:06 pm  #34

Jo171 wrote:

I knew my husband was gay before we married. .... We have been married 37 years. ......I had three children and he is a good Dad. In fact I good husband...... He says it's only for sex, no emotional attachment,he does not want a relationship with a man. As time went on he can not be the person I want sexually, his interest in me is gone......I told him recently that we can stay together for now, but he can't have me any more. ......I know he is devastated by my decision. I want a full relationship, not a half one. I am trying to regain my self esteem and gain courage to leave. I am 68 years old and still have a whole lot of life. It hurts real bad. This is my first post.

Jo welcome to our straightspouse forum. That must have been tough, knowing he was gay but thinking it wouldn't matter/wouldn't affect your life...and then eventually finding it certainly does. 
My partner and I have been together as long as you and your husband but I only became aware he was bisexual after 20 years and didn't think it would matter. But as I tried to claw him back to not wanting to explore.. my emotional behaviour just made him angry and pull away. The thing is Jo....because they secretly want contact with men their desires go underground, my partners did. It made me make decisions I never  thought I'd make. I told him I didn't want him intimately anymore because I don't trust him anymore. 
We are still together. I'm 64

Elle

Jo as this is an old discussion you might be better starting a seperate one,  about your own situation, on the Support board

KIA KAHA                       

Board footera