OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 1, 2024 3:09 pm  #1

A

A

Last edited by MisterH (May 3, 2024 3:24 pm)

May 1, 2024 3:46 pm  #2

Re: A

Welcome to our Forum H 😀

I (F65) was indecisive like you. Wanting to be monogamous. But it was me against Same-sex Attraction and it wasn't even what and who my partner might be doing that was the catalyst for us separating. It was how I felt about myself (not good) and realising I could never change his core need to explore with men.

We each have an answer. We take different paths to reach our decisions. We learn  that there is a lot of wisdom here from others who have travelled/are travelling the same road

KIA KAHA                       

May 6, 2024 6:47 pm  #3

Wow, I truly get that.  That is where I am now.  Trying so hard to make it work that I am putting myself second, because it is so hard emotionally to admit I can never change his need to be with men (I am wife o 40+ years).  

I just am not ready to deal with divorce and everything it entails, but I am losing myself in the process.

May 6, 2024 7:16 pm  #4

yes, my truth, it is so hard, I remember thinking I could not bear it if my whole life ended up being about him.  

so glad I got away from him, can't say it wasn't a nightmare going through the divorce process because it was but eventually it was over.

The other aspect to long term marriages that matters, I think, is that it is an ongoing process emotionally for the gay in denial man too.  Eventually it wasn't just how I was feeling that mattered, it was how he was feeling - his resentment towards me was palpable.  My cat would not stay in the room with him any more, I followed her out the door!

Board footera