OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 25, 2024 1:58 pm  #1

Support/New Relationship

My current relationship is with a 54yo man/me 58, that went through previous marriage/no kids (2018) discovered his wife in bed with her best female friend. No other serious relationship since divorce.
We've been dating /living together for 2 years now. Intimacy was ok @ 1st.
Issues of Intimacy, no physical contact are happening now. Needless to say needing some support for us both. He does admit to how it messed him up, but still refusing to look @ deeper or communicate his feelings and obtain help. I've been very supportive & understanding, but cant help if he's not willing either. Where should we look to for help/counseling , books etc? Thank you!

April 25, 2024 3:12 pm  #2

Re: Support/New Relationship

Windancer wrote:

My current relationship is with a 54yo man/me 58, that went through previous marriage/no kids (2018) discovered his wife in bed with her best female friend. No other serious relationship since divorce.
We've been dating /living together for 2 years now. Intimacy was ok @ 1st.
Issues of Intimacy, no physical contact are happening now. Needless to say needing some support for us both. He does admit to how it messed him up, but still refusing to look @ deeper or communicate his feelings and obtain help. I've been very supportive & understanding, but cant help if he's not willing either. Where should we look to for help/counseling , books etc? Thank you!

Do you think your man is bisexual, gay or trans? Because this site is for straightspouses, not couples.

Elle

KIA KAHA                       

Board footera