OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 16, 2024 6:33 am  #1

Say he still loves me but needs to have sex with men but not gay ?

I just caught my husband using the app Grindr and has been for a few years apparently. Says he loves me and only wants me but said he needs to be fulfilled sexually which I can’t give him. He chose this avenue as he said having an affair with a woman would be too risky they also want more so chose going down the path of men. Says he is not gay and initially denied being bi but now says he probably is  bi Wants to stay married and play happy families as the fallout would be too great to bear. I love him but the betrayal the lies and deceit is eating away at me. Anyone else going through this ?

April 16, 2024 2:31 pm  #2

Re: Say he still loves me but needs to have sex with men but not gay ?

Help wrote:

.... Anyone else going through this ?

Been there, done that, am out the other side. I went through years....fucking years....of confusion, sadness, uncertainty. All the while thinking I had the best r'ship, the best partner in the world. 

Then I decided to put myself first. When a man wants to explore same sex r'ships he's not straight, which means he has the ability to separate the person he is from the man he wants to be (and fuck). I mean...look how many years he's hidden it from you already!
So it doesn't matter what he is, it matters what you want him to be.

Keep posting, reading, asking questions. This is the very best soft place for you to fall, we'll catch you.

Elle

Last edited by Ellexoh_nz (April 16, 2024 2:34 pm)

KIA KAHA                       

April 16, 2024 3:00 pm  #3

Thank you Elle for your support I too thought I had a wonderful marriage and he has pulled the rug right out under me didn’t see it coming.  I am currently reading A pebble in his shoe a diary of  straight wife which is helping me understand  and also finding out this happens a lot .

April 16, 2024 7:57 pm  #4

Hi Help,

yes it happens a lot.  Both ways - there are a lot of straight husbands with lesbian wives too.  

I used to think why don't they marry each other - why doesn't the gay in denial marry the lesbian in denial and it does happen but not as often.

There's a basic power imbalance between the straight who fancies their partner and the in denial who doesn't fancy their partner.  This is attractive to people who like to manipulate their partner to get their own way.

So we get this common scenario, I am one too, who believed we have a wonderful partner but actually are having our own needs neglected.  We look after our partner and our partner is looking after himself.  No one to look after you.  It is hard to get away from them because as soon as you squirm it's all charm and sweetness and it lulls you back into a false sense of security.

of course he doesn't want the marriage to end, he's getting what he wants out of it.

April 16, 2024 8:10 pm  #5

Yep, same story. “Im maybe gay, but not sure “
Then when I said I can’t be with a gay man, said “ think I’m bisexual.”
 Then when i told him we were done!!, said, “I’m gay”  SO, bye bye he went. 
Then when he hoovered to reel me back in, said “Im not gay” (although his PW was J is gay)
Then when he decided he was femme, he said, “i think you are a lesbian”. I said no, I am a straight woman.  
To that, said to everyone that he was a lesbian MTF. 
See how the narrative fits to meet their manipulative ways?   Jeez

Board footera