OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 1, 2024 1:36 pm  #1

New series/season of Vera (UK police drama) has GID theme.

The one where Joe returns. 

I saw it last night. I've watched all the episodes of Vera at least twice so am a big fan!

No - It's not too late. It's not hopeless. Even there, there's something I can do. I just have to find the will. Ikiru (1952), film directed by Akira Kurosawa 

March 1, 2024 3:53 pm  #2

Re: New series/season of Vera (UK police drama) has GID theme.

oh that's great.  I like Vera too, I look forward to seeing it - the stories are so good.  I'm so fed up with the closet being in the closet.

but it is still impossible to talk about it.  Nowadays there are plenty of bisexual/lesbian women talking about how horrible their husbands were and not one of them even seems to think about the distress it must have caused a straight man to be married to them.  To be believing the pretence over the underlying truth of her response to him.  Who gets to hear that?

March 1, 2024 8:27 pm  #3

You definitely won't be disappointed!

The series is based on the crime novels of Ann Cleeves and it's mentioned online if a program is from a specific novel. This one doesn't say.

Am assuming it may be inspired by the real life coming out of long time British TV show host Phillip Schofield in 2020. His show was on the same channel (ITV) which produces and televises Vera.

No - It's not too late. It's not hopeless. Even there, there's something I can do. I just have to find the will. Ikiru (1952), film directed by Akira Kurosawa 

March 2, 2024 9:06 am  #4

the thing about the stories behind the crimes is that so often it is all about a lie a piece of vital personal information withheld creating the tensions that result in the murder.  The stories ring true.

March 25, 2024 9:07 am  #5

What network can I find “Vera Series?”  Sounds entertaining.   

"And you will know the truth, & the truth will set you free"
John 8:32
True ❤️.

March 25, 2024 12:26 pm  #6

True wrote:

What network can I find “Vera Series?”  Sounds entertaining.   

In the US you can stream on Britbox, Amazon prime, or the ROKU channel.

March 25, 2024 4:52 pm  #7

Do a Google search of Vera television series. (Brenda Blethyn plays the police detective Vera.) It'll show you options for streaming if you are in the US or something else if you're not. I had a 10-day free trial on Britbox.

The one I posted about is Series/Season 13, episode 1.  The free options to watch don't show this episode.

Board footera