OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 3, 2024 8:47 pm  #11

Re: I think my marriage has to end, reality of it feels too hard

Blackie563 wrote:

Welcome comfortable. Sorry you are here, but glad you came. 
When I first posted here, my post sounded a lot like yours. I hope everything you wrote is what your wife would write AND actually act. I say that because my ex said all of those things, but her actions were very different. Since this is new for you, please recognize it will take time, pain, suffering before you get to the other side. If you realize it is over, I would recommend focusing on yourself. (Like in a plane, place your mask on you first, then assist the person next to you so you both don't die). 
You may find new things, come to new realizations yourself. You may find that you both can be the best of friends and remain close. I hope what happens for you is in your best and highest good. 

I'm sorry you have to go through this. Give yourself the time to see all that has happened and pay most attention to actions, not words. Hang in there friend. 

Second this. Time and space apart is really important for gaining perspective and if you want to redefine anything, you need it.

Board footera