OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 29, 2024 10:01 pm  #91

Re: Can we make SSN more hospitable to people on varying paths?

Thank you walkbymyself. I do appreciate that we could be only seeing the tip of the iceberg at this stage and even he may not be aware of all of his needs/desires. It is unsettling to wait, but I don't want to program the outcome here. Thank you for your support and sorry you had to go through years of deception. I think our society is so screwed up that our men have to build giant walls around their sexuality and live in denial for years just to protect themselves. I feel for them,but I also feel for us...

March 1, 2024 11:37 am  #92

I will say, the best I can offer you is empathy.  It's a tough thing to go through, and you need to give yourself time to adjust to the new reality.  

March 1, 2024 12:17 pm  #93

Alex1984 wrote:

. .... he may not be aware of all of his needs/desires......I don't want to program the outcome here...... our men have to build giant walls around their sexuality and live in denial for years just to protect themselves. I feel for them,but I also feel for us...

"our men" often rely on us thinking exactly the way you do.
But if you begin putting yourself and your needs above his, knock down the walls he's built so you can see what your life will be like and program your own outcome by putting yourself first...your decisions, whatever they are, will be made with you fully cognizant and accepting of your future.

Elle

KIA KAHA                       

Board footera