OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 22, 2024 2:34 am  #1

Tricks

I've been married in the high 20s number of years. And am just now coming to terms with this world. What has been very surprising to me is that my mate has turned into someone I do not recognize. She will lie about her whereabouts, ,and then when "caught" in this lie, will then try to demur with "i had such a bad time… it was ONLY this… this is the FIRST TIME i did this…". It's all so terribly transparent to me. I'm sure most people here know this routine. But wow, this woman has never acted like this before in her life. It's what originally drew me to her. She was a good egg. And now suddenly she's the sort of person, she, herself, would hate. I don't know what's up, but I'm way beyond willing to deal with it. She was on Prozac for almost 20 years. And then suddenly not. I feel like I'm dealing with a crazy person most days. Not the person I married. Not denying anything. But this is a lost cause imo. 

February 22, 2024 6:21 pm  #2

Re: Tricks

ricket,

Yes it can be traumatizing and surreal watching our spouse suddenly turn into a lying and secretive plotting spouse ...a cheating spouse ones sees on TV.   

Whats interesting is my GX was suddenly on anti-depressants and had prozac also I believe..  its like they need pills to deal with a loving devoted straight husband.

Wishing you strength and fortitude.

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

Board footera