OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 4, 2016 5:36 am  #11

Re: Feeling terrible

Kt,
By kindness to yourself I meant several things. But probably a better term is self compassion.

I had to break the codependency..basically because in my case my lezex had, it seems, insantaeously distanced herself from me..suddenly I was not worthy of any physical contact or basic human conversation...but I had done nothing wrong but love her.

So really I had to be kind to myself because she was not being kind to me. And the person I trusted more than anyone i could not talk to about it.   I was shaking and crying how terrible and lonely  I felt about our relationship and she looked at me and said I needed professional help..no hug no concern ..not a shred of remorse or empathy. No compassion..  I see now it was disdain, hatred, and contempt of me no matter I was crying. She basically wanted me to go die (but keep the money flowing). She was trying to convince me that I caused her gay affair and the demise of the marriage.

So my journey has been baby steps ..one at a time.. I am worthy.  I am a good person.  I deserve hugs.  I deserve to be talked to.  I should not have to shake with trauma.  I have done nothing to deserve such cruel treatment.. I kept all my promises and vows. I gave her everything I had.

Compassion and kindness we need to show ourselves ..because our  spouses are incapable of it.

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

July 4, 2016 8:15 pm  #12

Re: Feeling terrible

Except for the Crossbow experience the resemblance is uncanny....

“The future is unwritten.”
― Joe Strummer

Board footera