OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 17, 2016 7:00 am  #1

Straight - Gay - Asexual. Wrong every time.

My ex was - of course - straight at one point. I mean... That's why I married her right? Bzzzzzztt! Wrong answer.

Then she tells me she's gay. Bzzzzxtt!! Wrong answer. In More than 10 years she has now had multiple failed relationships with women.

Now she tells me she's asexual. Bzzzzzztt!! Wrong answer again. You always were, are, and always will be bisexual. A bisexual who is incapable of making a relationship work with either gender. THAT'S the truth you haven't, can't and won't ever accept.  Flip your 'sexuality' whichever way you want... in the end you're just a shitty person.

September 17, 2016 8:28 am  #2

Re: Straight - Gay - Asexual. Wrong every time.

my 'of course I'm not gay' ex went straight from straight to asexual.  But before that, before he even met me, he was gay for long enough to try a relationship with a man.  He went from that to a bisexual woman.  Neither of them knew about the other initially, they lasted 3 years.  They both went on to marry unknowing straights.  oh weren't we lucky.  

my ex's attempt at a relationship with a man ended up with a suicide attempt.  he said several times that he was depressed as a teenager.  So I guess it's not all beer and skittles being a bisexual - being depressed is really hard, I didn't know what it was like, I didn't experience it myself until I'd spent my youth married to him.

Board footera