OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 16, 2016 7:45 pm  #41

Re: Moving on - when is it truly over?

I would say, like everyone on here has said, that it really is an individual thing.  For me, I would say it was about the 6 month mark.  I had been married for 29 years and his coming out had been a complete shock ... he only told me because he had contracted Chlamydia.  I felt like a hamster on a wheel for those early months,  how, why, when, how could he, etc.... but at about the 6th month mark, I distinctly remember having a huge light bulb moment .. "If my life is going to get completely flipped around and fucked up, then dammit, I am going to take charge and really change it up!". I then proceeded to pack up anything in the house that I wanted to keep and put it in storage.  I booked an apartment in Paris for a month and found a house to move to in a different "sunny" state for after I returned from Paris.
I have had moments of looking back at memories, etc... but, my life is amazing and it is all mine!  I wouldn't change a thing!  So, my point is... take charge... go for it... at this point, what do you have to lose?   But, you have a lot to gain ... your future!!

September 16, 2016 8:29 pm  #42

Re: Moving on - when is it truly over?

Diane, I love it!

Board footera