OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 14, 2016 4:46 am  #11

Re: Sad tonight

I have experienced it as well. The ignoring me until I pop and seek him out. It's been six months for me and the first 3 I did that which gave him another opportunity to ignore me to my face and hurt me.   It's a game. I figured that much out and stopped it and I am now finally FREE of the emotional abuse. I still have epic anger but I'm realizing that it only hurts me and my health. Mine is a major narcissist that had his boyfriend call me up and reveal it all to me on the night I saved dear hubby's life and took him to the hospital. That's how I found out after a 46 year marriage. I am so hurt but more angry than hurt. I'm a mess but getting better daily. Trying hard and this group is priceless to me. I am trying to get the strength to relive it all in a post here but I can't yet.  

JJ1966 wrote:

Hi, I am so sorry for your pain, and I mean this with love and respect. He's playing a mind game. He is a narcissist. He knows he can draw you back in by ignoring you. I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but I have. He has conditioned you to respond this way, sounds like he has done this before and knows or at least thinks that when he is done and deigns to notice you. You will be so relieved you will take him right back. You sound like a sweet, caring person and he is preying on you. I have to agree with others and say, "RUN FOR IT", Take advantage of this time period to get away. If you need time to find your way, then try and plan it for these time periods. Be kind to yourself and keep up the zero contact. This kind of person will only show caring when it is to their advantage in the end. I hope I don't sound bitter,  I don't mean to, I have no had much opportunity o show support, as my husband separated me from from all friends and family in the first few years of marriage, but I'm trying.

Board footera