OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 5, 2019 6:52 pm  #11

Re: At the end of 2018. Updates on.....

To anyone who questions those of us who dont comment and is it worth it to be here, i will tell you YES. I have been viewing without commenting for a couple months now, but all because i have been trying to find explanations for why i am here reading your stories and/or words of encouragement to others. It has been helpful to read. I can say i dont have anything to contribute yet, because im still trying to deal with it in my head. But what i have read so far has given me the courage to read about possible narcissism in my SSA husband and that i need to talk to a counselor. I have yet to post in "My Story" section, partly because i dont know if there is enough space to write all that i have to tell from my 31yrs of marriage, plus have the time to write it out when he is not around, now that he is retired.
So please dont stop posting things, we are here.

January 5, 2019 10:48 pm  #12

YazPistachio wrote:

...... We are calling it our Marriage Version 2.0, and it's both scary and exhilarating at the same time......

I'm realising more and more that yes....nothing will be the same, 
so why not call it something else 
   I like your Version 2.0

KIA KAHA                       

January 5, 2019 10:51 pm  #13

NeverImaginedThis wrote:

To anyone who questions those of us who dont comment and is it worth it to be here, i will tell you YES. I have been viewing without commenting for a couple months now.... .....So please dont stop posting things, we are here.

Thank you Never for commenting

KIA KAHA                       

January 7, 2019 4:19 pm  #14

I noticed your updated sig line, Ellexoh. What has changed for you?

January 7, 2019 9:37 pm  #15

YazPistachio wrote:

I noticed your updated sig line, Ellexoh. What has changed for you?

I no longer feel trapped...I no longer feel I should be like 80-90% of actively posting members who feel this thing that has happened is a death sentence of their life with their partner.

I now have the base of a Plan B should I ever decide this is not for me, and a more realistic view of my survival if I stay

KIA KAHA                       

Board footera