OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 31, 2016 1:16 pm  #11

Re: CDH progressed to Trans now I wonder,.......

Well, I'm straight.  It doesn't matter if GID is a psychiatric diagnosis or a willful act - it won't work within a straight marriage.

I have an adult son who has a personality disorder.  And despite the fact that I don't know how much of his behavior he's in control in, I do know that letting him live with the family is dangerous to my other children.

Kel

You are not required to set yourself on fire to keep other people warm.

September 2, 2016 12:11 am  #12

Re: CDH progressed to Trans now I wonder,.......

Yes, I agree Tina & Kel. He swears he meant GID as Gender Identity Issues, potatoe / po-taw-toe.The thing is, neither of these issues have ever been discussed with me. They are however announced proudly across his private social media & freely discussed with everyone & their sister...................except his wife!!!!  

Board footera