OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 20, 2018 5:26 pm  #11

Re: To stay or not to stay...

Hi Shocked, I'm sorry you find yourself here, but I'm glad you found us.

As to TGT (the gay thing), I can't really speak of that as that is not really an issue for me. (At least not that I know of, but I have always had my suspicions.) However, one thing that the straight guys post constantly is that straight guys do not have sex (or even sexual urges) with other guys. 

As to TTT (the trans thing), I can speak volumes - unfortunately. In your "Our Stories" post, your stated your husband has pushed the dressing boundaries you set. In fact, that is not true. He hasn't pushed them. He has broken them, and he will continue to do so. Your story about asking your husband to change his shirt resonates with me. I told my husband once that he needed to change because I could see his bra underneath his shirt, so he needed to take the bra off. Instead, he kept the bra on and put on a heavier shirt. They hear what they want to hear - even if it is something you never actually said. Also, like Scrupulous said, the urge to dress just, in most cases, gets stronger as they get older.

I also had a bit of a crisis of faith during all this. I thought if this (marriage) was supposed to be an earthly picture of Christ and His bride, then I wanted no part of it. Of course, I did realize that the problem was that my marriage did NOT show that picture. Even though we are both Christians, it didn't mean we had a Godly marriage. Also, in my own study, I came to the conclusion that Phoenix mentioned and that it is not just adultery but rather sexual immorality that is grounds for divorce. Also, if we become one with each other - one flesh. If my spouse does something to hurt me, it should hurt him as well - and vice-versa. Why? Because we are now one. And how many of us have felt pain (or hurt) when we did something that hurt our spouse - even if it was unintentional? I know I have. Yet, my spouse seems to have no problem with the amount of pain she has caused me. Again, it doesn't sound like God's model of marriage, nor did our "love" fit the definition of what love is and is not in 1 Corinthians. Now, I may be way off base. I am not a Bible scholar, but after much prayer and reading and relying on God to help me sort through it all, those were the conclusions I reached. I started asking God to release me from my marriage commitment and almost a year later He did, and I was at peace when I asked my spouse to leave.

I wish you peace as well.

Oh, and jkc1214, it is not too late for you to find someone new. I'm older than you are, and I hope that one day, after I heal and am able to trust again, that I will find someone.

November 21, 2018 1:14 am  #12

Re: To stay or not to stay...

Jkc,

I agree with Stronger..it is not too late to find someone.   I recall thinking that in shock when TGT hit..that I would die alone.

It's just not true. These spouses make us think that..years of conditioning us. 

I embraced being alone but away from the hurt.  Id rather be alone than be with someone that is covert and lying and really hurting me. 

You are capable of sincere absolute faithful love..which these spouses are not..that is worth so much more.

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

Board footera