OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 14, 2018 10:43 am  #1

notice of slight change to forum settings

Hey gang, 

I made a small tweak to the forum settings.  It would be very rare that anyone would notice this, but I wanted to let everyone know regardless. 

You can no longer delete you own posts.  You can always go back and edit your posts to remove anything you wish, or even just remove all the words.   But it won't actually remove the post itself.  

The reason for this is that we've discovered that if you start a new thread and then go back later and delete the first post, the whole thread goes with it.  This is a glitch in the software of the forum.  It's unfortunate when this happens because we often have excellent information and discussion shared by other members and we don't want to lose that valuable insight.  

So, you can always go back and delete all of your words from the post, but not the post itself.  If you have any concerns about something you've posted that you want removed please let me know and I'm more than happy to assist!    *example, if someone quoted your words, but you want those removed, I can help with that. 

Thanks

-Formerly "Lostdad" - I now embrace the username "phoenix" because my former life ended in flames, but my new life will be spectacular. 

Board footera