OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 12, 2018 11:00 pm  #31

Re: Devastated husband of recently out of closet wife

Hi DB,

Thanks for the update.  Glad to hear you are through the worst of the separation process and sorry to hear you are still struggling.  Me too, I tried to reply a couple of times earlier but got half way through and had to give up.

yeah, isn't life weird, way weirder than you can give it credit for.  sometimes you feel like you are living a nightmare or a dream but they are still real.  When you say you aren't feeling anything much it makes me wonder if you are still on the anti-depressants?

I have met up with quite a few closet lesbians in recent times - I am amazed at the self entitlement, the same with each of the people I have met, sometimes I think they are feeling a bit guilty but then it's like nothing comes between them and their absolute right to have a straight husband and lead him round by the nose.  and even to question it is highly offensive to them.  

shifting along onto a more interesting topic I think it's good to leap into a relationship straightaway on the basis that that seems to be the most successful way for re-establishing into a new relationship but on the other hand, as we are learning, it seems you are likely to be better off with nobody than the wrong body.  Not wanting to carry on in the new relationship was probably a good thing unless you are convinced she is the one for you.

August 12, 2018 11:19 pm  #32

Dog lover wrote:

...my gay husband...... wants to fall in love again.  This cut deep into my heart.....I take one day at a time.

This made me so sad for you Dog lover 

KIA KAHA                       

August 13, 2018 4:54 am  #33

That made me sad, too, but it also made me fuming mad.  What person in his right mind thinks it's an okay thing to do to tell his spouse that he wants to fall in love with someone else?  The lack of their ability to understand--or even care to understand--what the spouse is feeling or what position their actions have placed the spouse in is almost beyond belief. 

Board footera