OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 9, 2018 6:33 pm  #11

Re: Brand new member needs help coping

I have a month worth of emails and ads all printed out.  Of course, it was a "one time thing".   They will NEVER admit it and I've heard they'll do ANYTHING to stay in their closet!  I've heard every excuse from mid life crisis to our dog dying (true).

I fu....ing hate him.  I want him back.  I miss him.  I want to kill him.  I want to cry right now.  It gets better. 

WTF

May 19, 2018 3:59 pm  #12

Patysb,

You should quietly and discretely see a lawyer and learn about divorce laws in your area.  Don't think for a second you need stay in an abusive marriage which is what you described.  No need to make public why you are separating..unless you want to.
I do not think God would want us to stay in such a relationship where we are perpetually hurt..no matter how much we love or loved them. 

Start building your support system..God is here on this earth also ..in this life and the next he sees what you are going through.

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

May 19, 2018 5:45 pm  #13

patsyb,
  Just because you haven't been working doesn't mean you are entitled to half your assets in a divorce.  I second Rob's suggestion that you see a lawyer--many have free interviews. 
   Your spouse is abusing you. If you do not have access to funds, look up the local women's shelter/domestic violence counseling office.  They can also counsel you for emergency orders of protection if one is needed.  If you don't know where your local shelter is, you can call the national domestic violence hotline.  1-800-799-SAFE (7233)   You can look up online, also, for instructions on crafting an escape plan.  One thing you can do now is this: if you do the grocery shopping, you can get small bits of cash back or buy gift cards for businesses/services you can access after you leave.   If you have adult children out on their own and self supporting, they may be able to help you.  
Also, if your spouse is having an affair with an employee, he could be liable for sexual harassment, and subject to fines or lose his job.  There's no guarantee an affair won't go wrong (especially with that age difference), and the young man won't report him. 
  Your spouse does not have the legal right to forbid you to leave.  Nor do you have any obligation to keep his secret.  

Last edited by OutofHisCloset (May 19, 2018 5:46 pm)

Board footera