OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 22, 2018 8:18 pm  #21

Re: Dear Gary's Wife

I feel it was extremely brave and kind of JenS to start this thread. She brought the focus back toward the support of the straight spouse. How many of us have struggled to stand up to the spouses we adored and gave so much of our lives to?  It is ghastly to be lied to so profoundly and then have to find the courage to say to the person we STILL love: "BS. You are lying." This is also the very last thing we want to believe. So are we seriously supposed to be supportive of Gary and not call him out on his rhetoric which is so clearly full of untruths?  I fully support this thread and I hope it brings someone the strength they need to stand up and find their voice in their own situation. JenS, even if Gary's wife never sees your thread you have spoken the truth. The truth is precious to every straight spouse because we get it so rarely.

Board footera