OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 8, 2018 11:48 am  #1

Food for Thought Re "Trauma Bonding"

I am personally wary of pop psychology and throwing terms like "narcissist" around easily and freely, but I just saw this article and no matter how you might feel about casual name calling/diagnosis and armchair psychology, this does provide some food for thought about our relationships with our gay spouses. It is not about gay spouses per se, but narcissistic relationships in general; much here applies to what many of us have experienced. It popped up this morning as part of my routine Google News read.  For what it's worth:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/understanding-narcissism/201801/why-is-it-so-hard-leave-the-narcissist-in-your-life

"Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive!" - Sir Walter Scott

February 8, 2018 5:45 pm  #2

Re: Food for Thought Re "Trauma Bonding"

delete

Last edited by Lynne (February 3, 2019 2:22 pm)

February 8, 2018 6:46 pm  #3

Re: Food for Thought Re "Trauma Bonding"

Lynne - It's kind of scary to think that we might just be "programmed" to behave the way we do.  Just beating a dead horse over and over again, until something finally clicks about how futile it really is.

"Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive!" - Sir Walter Scott

Board footera