OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 31, 2017 2:45 pm  #21

Re: Over 50

Hannah,

A good thread yes.

You wrote:
"..His only comment was that it was what I deserved for refusing to stay married to him and he was glad to know he'd most likely not have to pay the full alimony amount as I would most likely die first (I kid you not).."

That's the thing... I think a lot of experienced similar things to the above...its malevolent evil.  It really is. Part of moving on is not to dwell on what happened to us...just because is was true that we experienced pure evil such as the statement above..well it does not serve us any purpose later ..we're supposed to move on.   

I'm doing ok and have learned how to do a lot on my own like you..   The trauma of the evil we experienced though... its hard to get it out of your head..     I refuse to dwell on it it though..  I thank God I'm away from such a person and will live knowing that I'm a good, kind person...I cannot think of anything I did that warranted the treatment I received.     I think of all us could never makes statements like the above..its just not in our core being.    And that makes all the difference between us and them.

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

December 31, 2017 6:32 pm  #22

Re: Over 50

I am glad you’re doing so much better Rob! Those comments my GX made just confirmed what I already knew about him.  At that point in the divorce process I had already reclaimed my personal power so they did not have the effect he hoped for.  Hard as navigating the nightmare was, I am happy to now have the freedom to live a life of joy and laughter.

Board footera